Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Waterloo Bonfire Society Call to Arms
If anybody wants to take part inthe largest bonfire celebration in the UK please contact me for further details (AMWalpole AT aol.com). November 5th 2007

We already have a nice lot of Greeks with some very nice linen cuirass, and a selection of helmets of which none originate from India!! There are a few "Amazon" cosutmes going free, so ladies your are wellcome too.

We need accurate Romans, Greeks, celts or anything pre 500AD. Especially Romans to deal with this Celt who turns up every year with a blue face and a severed head on a pike! If you have that Roman period kit that doesn't fit with your group please come along. I'm going bronze age this year. Feel like a Pahroah.

I'm afraid you'll have to pay for insurance which is approx £12.50. The event lasts nearly all night (ends approx 1am and I can supply free accomodation). There are four marches through the streets with flaming torches. On the third you get to stand in front of the safety barrier in front of the crowd and witness a huge bonfire display and a bizaar ritual where fireworks are thrown at priests(?). I'll supply free ear plugs.

Best access is by train as parking is limited. If you can get your kit to me I can take it down and bring it back. (we can talk arrangements).

Look forward to hearing from you

Andrew

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Call to arms - short notice! (Late Roman) Robert Vermaat 5 2,307 11-25-2011, 10:45 PM
Last Post: Robert Vermaat