Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gladiator The Movie Helmets
Quote:I heard a rumor that a few of the barbarians in Gladiatior is sporting jeans but I haven´t been able to find it!

actually, it is a Roman. After the battle, when Maximus is in the camp, he feeds one of the horses an apple. If you slow the movie down, you can see one of the crew in jeans in the back.
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
Quote:One of the worst cinema faux pas was a scene from Ben Hur (1950s) The praetorian gaurd, I believe, marched into the town and their rubber pilum must have been really really rubbery as the shafts wobbled all over the place as they marched....The other really bad boner was EL CID (Charleton Heston) another 50's flick.

Hey, my two favorite Heston flicks. What ?! There's no scene with the Praetorian Guard marching in Ben-Hur ! You must be thinking of The Robe or Demetrius and the Gladiators.

El-Cid was early 60's just as was Fall of the Roman Empire. Ben-Hur catapulted its two stars (Stephen Boyd is the other) into staring in their own epics with Sophia Loren. You need to brush up on your film history there, Titus :wink:

Quote:but I have never ever seen the wristwatch, nor a helicopter shadow in El Cid or the Tyre tracks in the circus in Ben-Hur.

Regarding the wristwatch and helicopter shadow in Ben-Hur and El-Cid respectively, I've never spotted these either. But the tire tracks in Ben-Hur are visible although they may pass for chariot tracks :wink: That scene is so boring to me anyway (once the race gets started that is). My favorite is the naval battle. Big Grin

Quote:I guess it is even sadder to go through a film frame by frame to find these things rather than just enjoy them for what they are..

I know. The way some people just pick up on these things suggests they have too much time on their hands. No way you would notice these bloopers on the first, second, or third watch. But you know there are modern myths about the old epics that were mentioned on the Ben-Hur DVD by Charlton Heston himself. One was that a car is visible duing the hippodrome scene. Many of these persist to this day and, I suspect, get transposed to other films like Ben-Hur when in fact the blooper was from Viking Queen.

~Theo
Jaime