Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An open invitation from the Batavians!
Not really, :wink: Sounds interesting, as I have been to holland so many times, and seen little, other than shipyards, motorways and airports!
Can see why the Batavians were such a bothersome lot!! :lol: :lol:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
"Wish I was a Batavian..... " go towards the light (green), Gaius...release your inner auxiliary.... :wink:
[Image: wip2_r1_c1-1-1.jpg] [Image: Comitatuslogo3.jpg]

aka Paul B, moderator
http://www.romanarmy.net/auxilia.htm
Moderation in all things
Or red! If you wanna be from the glorius III... hehe!
Quote:Or red! If you wanna be from the glorius III... hehe!

Byron is already a member of the RMRS but as a legionary, not a real soldier!
Hehehehe! Well, we are happy to have him if he wants to move here! especially if you hav taken him through bootcamp first and broken him in to real soldering first!
Woah! Look like the fiendish web-footed bog-trotters are revolting again! Unite brother legionaries of the 14th and remind Civilis who's really boss! :twisted:

Celer.
Marcus Antonius Celer/Julian Dendy.
Fight!!
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Thanks to you Adrian, the first US vexillatio of COH I will be started in Atlanta, GA.

Thanks so much to you, Paul and all the other members for making it possible. Big Grin

We will post pics as we complete our kit.

Edge
Gaius Aurelius Calvus
(Edge Gibbons)

Rules for Posting

LEG XI CPF
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.11thlegion.com">http://www.11thlegion.com

"Mens est clavis victoriae."
I look forward to seeing the photos Edge! (and from Martin of the IIIrd Coh too!)
Edge,

Great news! Big Grin

Cheers

Caballo
[Image: wip2_r1_c1-1-1.jpg] [Image: Comitatuslogo3.jpg]

aka Paul B, moderator
http://www.romanarmy.net/auxilia.htm
Moderation in all things
Quote:Woah! Look like the fiendish web-footed bog-trotters are revolting again! Unite brother legionaries of the 14th and remind Civilis who's really boss! :twisted:

Celer.

Yeah! Real soldiers wear Blue! :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
What funny timing; I am doing a Batavian auxiliary at Roman Days in Maryland this year.

Here is a picture of part of my kit. My wife and I are at an SCA event and the black braccae are just for a special event at the event normally I would wear a rusty brown color. I have an 8mm round riveted with alternating flat solid punched rings that is my body armor. I need to take a picture of it all together soon. It was cold at that event which is why I have leg wraps and a cloak on:

[Image: Me.jpg]
James Barker
Legio XIIII Martia Victrix
Hi Peroni,
specifically as close as I can get to the famous horsemen who went swimming in their kit.
Although there is a limit to my enthusiasm when going swimming.
I will definetly not wear chainmail swimming trunks.
Too kinky for my taste. :oops:

I'm also very interested in information regarding the aux. stationed in and around Woerden, where I live these days.
Anything in regard to specific dress or shield design that is known.
There is going to be a exhibition here and I'm trying to get my facts as straight as possible.
Cheers,
Wim/Cordvs
Pvblivs Cordvs
(Wim van Broekhoven)
CORBVLO
Quote:Fantastic! I will try to be there! I just hope is not the same weekend as The Swordfish HEMA event in Gothenburg.

Martin,

i checked at another website and the HEMA event is 2-4 nov.
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
Coolies

I will try everything to be in the "homeland" for the RAT conference!