Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ancients at Australian re-enactment Conferention
A Conferention is a sort of mix of conference, convention, and piss-up. We have them every second Easter, with re-enactors from ancient right up to English Civil War.

Some of the ancients this year were a couple of hoplites, a Roman encampment, and a couple of Mycenaeans in bronze scale and boar-tusk helmets!
"It is safer and more advantageous to overcome the enemy by planning and generalship than by sheer force"
The Strategikon of Emperor Maurice

Steven Lowe
Australia
nice pictures. Are there more?
ALA I BATAVORUM
Only a few among the photos I took. The event covers such a wide range of periods I had to ration my photos. Others probably took far more. I'll see what else I can lay my hands on.
"It is safer and more advantageous to overcome the enemy by planning and generalship than by sheer force"
The Strategikon of Emperor Maurice

Steven Lowe
Australia
Ohhh Yes please

We couldn't make it down to this one and i heard that it was a pretty good showing of Ancients.

Iason Skiathitis
Jason

PS why doesn't it surprise me to see you on another list looking snazzy as allways
Jason

So much to learn, so much to make.
Great crests on the tusk helms! 8)
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Some more pictures from this event have already been posted in this thread

http://www.romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic. ... &start=180

page 10, halfway done. The same Mycenaeans are there, along with a lot of Hoplites.
Michael Griffin
High School Teacher who knows Latin & Greek
felicior quam sus in stercu

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  australian trek review richard robinson 3 1,561 10-12-2010, 08:39 PM
Last Post: richard robinson