Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Denying Thermopylae - taken from the Newsfeed section
look we cannot generalize. There are some basic characteristics but from that point nothing is fixed. For example Most Greeks have brown eyes and hair, body and facial hair and when exposed to sun even if they are very white they turn black instead of pink as most north europeans do.
I believe that in ancient times happened mostly what happens today. Light color hair and eyes people are rare so they are considered special and even beautifull just for it. Heroes and Gods most of the times appear with blond hair because not many people had them. Also what we consider blond (and i mean the natural) is a golden brown hue. The platinum color many northeners have simply does not exist in any Greek.

In this point i would like to comment something i observed in your post Arthes that gives me the chance to see it as case study, please dont take it personally. You reffer to Macedonians and Northern Greeks as if they are seperate groups. So i conclude and correct me if im wrong that you consider Macedonians non Greek as many other people tend to do latelly. Isnt that ironic in a thread that we laugh about the BS somebody wrote about thermopylae? We came to the point to burry the whole eastern scholarship as fanatics. And i dont say that some of these people are willing to say anything to support a case out of nowhere. But wouldnt this rule be applied to all those that make up history out of thin air? The whole ''non greek macedonians'' issue errupted in a similar way of these persian ''studies'', we ignored it due to political issues back then and later as absurb, but it worked its way into so many books and sites that some people take it for granted. If they will be asked to present the evidences and findings that lead them to those conclusions i think the first thing they will think is ''but everybody says so''. So within this logic some day Thermopylae and salamis wont exist cause ''everybody says and writes so'' :wink:

Again i say dont take it personally i just used your post as example
aka Yannis
----------------
Molon lave

Messages In This Thread
Re: Denying Thermopylae - taken from the Newsfeed section - by Idomeneas - 04-15-2007, 02:16 AM
Re: Denying Thermopylae - taken from the Newsfeed section - by Gaius Decius Aquilius - 04-15-2007, 03:10 AM