Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian movie!
I know there's a few RATers here who are into fantasy. Is anyone else as excited as I am about the new Chronicles of Narnia film?? Smile

I read the books when I was a kid and was pleased with the first film (I've even seen the BBC production waaay back when). Prince Caspian looks even better and definitely has more action. The costumes look spectacular. And the soundtrack is done by one of my favourite movie composers, Harry Gregson-Williams.

Here's the trailer: [url:2fldilok]http://www.narniaweb.com/news.asp?id=1355&dl=14478175[/url]
Sara T.
RAT Rules for Posting

Courage is found in unlikely places. [size=75:2xx5no0x] ~J.R.R Tolkien[/size]
I'm not sure I'm too enthusiastic about Narnia II, although I'll probably go see it. Are the heroes of book I even supposed to BE in book II? Or is that one of those 'Hollywood-adaptations' that we've all come to appreciate so much.... :evil:

On the other hand, have you seen The Golden Compass? Now thát's a refreshing movie! We loved it!
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
AFAIR the heroes of the Lion, Witch and Wardrobe and their successors are in all the books except the very first (The Magician's Nephew).

I will certainly watch it, but I must admit that for the budget and big hooplah, the first Narnia movie disappointed me a bit.
Der Kessel ist voll Bärks!

Volker Bach
It could be because the first film was geared more towards children. Prince Caspian seems to have a more serious, darker tone.

Robert, I loved the Golden Compass! I certainly hope they make a next film, but from what I hear, the movie did not do well, in terms of making money at the box-office.
Sara T.
RAT Rules for Posting

Quote:Robert, I loved the Golden Compass! I certainly hope they make a next film, but from what I hear, the movie did not do well, in terms of making money at the box-office.

That's too bad! I thought it was WAY better than Narnia I... The original book is in fact a trilogy (Northern Lights) aimed at kids too. But there has been much 'adapting' going on with this film, and not for the better. In fact it's a shame that, directed at a young audience, the movie is 'just' 114 minutes long - it seriously cuts short what's in volume I, ripping out the soul of the story. Even so I enjoyed it and I really (!) hope they'll film part 2.

[Image: golden_compass.jpg]

Hey, how's this dress of Nicole Kidman for a costume?

[Image: NicoleKidman-TheGoldenCompass2007.jpg][Image: 68182.jpg]
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Absolutely, I think the film could have been longer! When the DVD comes out, they should have an Extended version.
Sara T.
RAT Rules for Posting