Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alexander the Great was antiquity\'s greatest commander
How anybody could possibly compare George W. Bush with Alexander III is quite beyond my comprehension.

Bush will go down in history as certainly the worst president ever to occupy the White House - undoubtedly one of the most incompetent - and undeniably one of the most stupid and ignorant morons ever to rise to any position of authority. I am completely aghast that anybody ever gave this idiot the time of day, nevermind voting for him. He is utterly resented in many parts of the world and did huge damage to America's good name around the globe ... a place he had rarely visited. When you consider some of the great men who occupied that most powerful of offices (Washington/Jefferson/Lincoln/Roosevelt) it is truely shameful that such a nonentity should be allowed access...

He was clearly a puppet for a Cheney dominated administration and laughably has his memoirs published this week. I would like to know who wrote it for him - or certainly who helped him with any big words (his grasp of the English language is below that of most 10 year olds)? It is also amusing that his admissions to being OK with torture etc. now place him liable to be arrested in many other countries should he ever venture forth - but I guess he is reasonably safe since his narrow-minded parochial views suggest he is unlikely to venture out of Texas much - nevermind into the wider world.

At least Alexander got on his horse and ventured forth with his troops. For all his faults he did build cities, instigate trade, order explorations, and attempt to build a consensus based upon cultural harmony and integration. Alexander was a scholar and a singular man of charisma and vision.

Bush represents what happens when the f*cking cretins are allowed to rise to the top ... let's hope it doesn't happen again :roll:
[size=75:2kpklzm3]Ghostmojo / Howard Johnston[/size]

[Image: A-TTLGAvatar-1-1.jpg]

[size=75:2kpklzm3]Xerxes - "What did the guy in the pass say?" ... Scout - "Μολὼν λαβέ my Lord - and he meant it!!!"[/size]

Messages In This Thread
re - by Johnny Shumate - 04-06-2007, 06:30 PM
Re: - by Gaius Julius Caesar - 10-18-2010, 08:59 AM
Re: - by Thunder - 10-18-2010, 01:56 PM
Re: Alexander the Great was antiquity\'s greatest commander - by Ghostmojo - 11-12-2010, 11:40 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ancient synagogue mosaic may depict Alexander the Great Steven James 3 2,526 09-15-2016, 10:43 AM
Last Post: ValentinianVictrix
  Massacre of Greeks under Alexander the Great foojer 10 5,003 02-24-2013, 06:35 PM
Last Post: Paralus
  Who Killed Alexander the Great? D B Campbell 8 2,919 05-22-2012, 07:40 AM
Last Post: sitalkes