Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Theilenhofen pics required
Avete comilitiones ,

Please , does anyone get very good pics of the Theilenhofen helmet (Auxiliary Cavalry F1) . Of course i got the very good imagebase photos, but some more , very detailed should be greatly appreciated . In fact, I need some close up pics in order to reconstruct this helmet for my early third century group..

If you some more informations about the elements -copper alloy , iron it could be great too...!

So gentlemen, if you are the happy owner of some of these precious pics, please send me some...

Cheers

Sextus Aurelius Propertius

Eric-Alexandre POHER [/img]
http://www.romancoins.info/Theilenhofen.jpg
[Image: 120px-Septimani_seniores_shield_pattern.svg.png] [Image: Estalada.gif]
Ivan Perelló
[size=150:iu1l6t4o]Credo in Spatham, Corvus sum bellorum[/size]
I had the chance to grab some closeups at the Nuremberg museum last November. Let me know which e-mail address to send them to and I'll try to get my .gmx account to handle them.
Der Kessel ist voll Bärks!

Volker Bach
[size=150:11g7g259]Here you go.[/size]

~Theo
Jaime
Dear comilitiones, dear Faventianus , Carlton, and Theo

Many thanks for your solidarity and yout nice answers and pics ..! I am looking forward to order this famous helmet from our common comilitio Caius Tarquitus and his enterprises Fabrica Augustana and Noricum . Indeed he does great things .; it si impressive .. I have just ordered some third century artefacts for my group ! For the Theilenhofen, all the pics are very important, the copy must be perfect ...
So Carlton if you can send me some pics, many thanks indeed.. my private mail : [email protected] ..

To all Rat comrades

Many cheers

Sextus Aurelius Propertius

Legio XVI Flavia Firma

Eric-Alexandre POHER
Avete Comitiones

By the way , and for the same purpose -renacting end of second century and early third century - does anyone amongst RAT , could get also some photos of the Imperial Italic G 2 (the other Theilenhofen) -unfortunately -there only two on the roman army base...

Many thanks

Cheers
I was in the Weißenburg Museum a couple of months ago, where all the helmets are, BUT, they are closed for renovation. (Maybe open meanwhile again, next time I get there I take some pics)
Christian K.

No reconstruendum => No reconstruction.

Ut desint vires, tamen est laudanda voluntas.
http://www.zum.de/Faecher/G/BW/Landesku ... m/helm.jpg
http://www.romanarmy.com/cms/component/ ... Itemid,96/
[Image: 120px-Septimani_seniores_shield_pattern.svg.png] [Image: Estalada.gif]
Ivan Perelló
[size=150:iu1l6t4o]Credo in Spatham, Corvus sum bellorum[/size]
I took these last week in the Archäologische Staatssammlung. The light was very dull in the vitines, and I was allowed no flash. Maybe someone of you can work a bit on these to meke them better. Smile
[Image: DSC03366.jpg]
[Image: DSC03367.jpg]
[Image: DSC03368.jpg]
Christian K.

Thanks for posting the photos Christian! Big Grin

It's nice to finally see the neck guard steps on this one!

Laudes!
Quote:I took these last week in the Archäologische Staatssammlung. The light was very dull in the vitines, and I was allowed no flash. Maybe someone of you can work a bit on these to meke them better. Smile
Well, not better, but some of the detail in the blacks can be seen:
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Cool as always, Jim. Smile
Christian K.

At least the rounded occupital steps can be seen. :wink:
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
The remains of the rivet boss suggest that it originally had a brow guard too.
Quote:The remains of the rivet boss suggest that it originally had a brow guard too.
Do you mean above the browguard and in front of the lateral brace, or behind that brace and very prominent?
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!