Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leather Cuirass Lorica Musculata, I used to think no way but
Gil,

Opinions aside, I've very adequately proven my side of the issue using the very website you hold so high. I'd love to see you refute my points using FACTS.

Quote:Sorry to cut your na "na-na naaa na" short, but I made mine before I saw the site. At the time, leather was thought to be the most realistic option."

Can't argue with you there, except the fact that you're still wearing them.

Quote:Very selective of you to endorse Travis' findings in the one area, BTW, but completely disregard them in the next, along with Flavius' relevant comments on the matter.

How do you figure that one? Travis's site wasn't taken out of context. I didn't cut and paste in order to further my own ends. Flavius's post was concerning something other than metal...NOT leather. I believe it was "layered linen". NOT LEATHER. Re-read it if you don't believe me.

Quote:Say, Matt, if you are such the expert in this area of the Roman uniform, why don't you post a pic of yourself in any armor of this type you've made?

You seem to think that making one of these is a qualifier for common sense. Guess what? And if I do make one it sure as hell won't be out of leather. There is ZERO evidence for it. So why you're such a staunch defender of leather musculata is beyond me.

Quote:Seriously, Anthony (the fellow who opened the thread) and I have plenty of our work pictured here and in other threads, based on what we feel is correct.

At NO point in Travis's site does he ever say that the body of musculata was EVER made of leather. How then do you explain your justification of leather? That to me looks like you're doing the exact opposite of what the experts say. Again, show me some factual evidence please.

Quote:Where's yours (perhaps in your aforementioned "toga and helmet" combo)? Even Dan has at least an avatar showing what he's done, lol.

In your wisdom, do you know what the first identifier is on the battle field for rank? THE HELMET. It either has a crest on it, or doesn't. Figure it out. Secondly, why would any officer wear armour unless there was a need to? Even if it was a dumbed down version? He won't. He's going to wear tunica with clavii which denotes his rank.

Again, show me evidence of leather musculata and I'll not only apologize in public, I'll make a set myself.

Legion: TBD

Messages In This Thread
leather armour. - by Graham Sumner - 04-02-2007, 07:02 PM
Re: leather armour. - by Dan Howard - 04-02-2007, 09:13 PM
MAIL - by Graham Sumner - 04-09-2007, 10:04 PM
Armour and Comfort - by Paullus Scipio - 11-17-2007, 11:58 PM
Muskelpanzer - by Paullus Scipio - 12-01-2007, 09:34 PM
Re: Leather Cuirass Lorica Musculata, I used to think no way but - by Magnus - 12-03-2007, 09:08 AM
Re: Muskelpanzer - by Gaius Julius Caesar - 12-03-2007, 12:12 PM
Caracalla\'s phalangites - by Paullus Scipio - 12-03-2007, 09:24 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to Build a Leather Musculata M. Demetrius 4 1,630 06-02-2013, 09:37 PM
Last Post: Agraes
  Major update by Travis Lee Clark Lorica Musculata Antonius Congianocus 6 4,230 01-06-2013, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Alexandr K
  Making a leather covered quilted linen cuirass Quintilianus 26 7,230 11-25-2011, 09:35 PM
Last Post: TDawson