Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attic Helmet assistance, Louvre photos, and modifications
Alright... you can't say I didn't try! But, this helmet is unfortunately too small. Even after cutting back the cheek guards and the top brow of the helmet and beating the daylights out of the indents, it's still pressing into my skull. Although making this into a Roman Attic is do-able, it won't fit me so, I'll place it on the side for now. I'll most likely complete it later and sell it to someone a wee bit shorter than I.

[Image: aIMG_3622.jpg]

[Image: aIMG_3624.jpg]

Anyways... I'm now either going to have to spend the money on an attic from NIX (over $500) or I might take a shot at an 18g steel Corinthian helmet, they are 7 1/2 from ear to ear and 9" from front to back, which I know will fit my head. I'm rather confident I can cut a Roman Attic out of something like this (below) although I'll have to fabricate the cheek guards, crest, and visor.

[Image: vh005d.jpg]
Vale!

Antonivs Marivs Congianocvs
aka_ANTH0NY_C0NGIAN0

My ancient coin collection:
[url:3lgwsbe7]http://www.congiano.com/MyCoins/index.htm[/url]

Messages In This Thread
Re: Attic Helmet assistance, Louvre photos, and modifications - by AntonivsMarivsCongianocvs - 03-31-2007, 12:09 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Photos of the Berkasovo helmet needed! Virilis 10 3,161 01-24-2011, 01:25 PM
Last Post: Virilis
  Photos of Bekrasovo 2 helmet needed Thorkil 6 2,065 09-29-2007, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Thorkil
  Making a Roman Attic Helmet from a Corinthian helm AntonivsMarivsCongianocvs 46 11,894 08-24-2007, 09:50 PM
Last Post: AntonivsMarivsCongianocvs