Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attic Helmet assistance, Louvre photos, and modifications
Does anyone have pictures of the original italian attic helmet deepeeka based their replica on? I just got one of these too. Very cheap, for 40euro's. I'd like to rework it a bit. The cheekguards are a little bit too long for me as they press a bit into my neck with certain head movements. My helmet looks a lot higher and more bulbous than the one you have. But perhaps yours was too before you cut it down. The ear cutouts are also too far to the back for me (on your helmet they seem to be too much towards the front for your head).

I'd like to make a republican velites helmet out of it. But do not have pictures of original helmets of this type...

Thanks in advance,
Vale
Jef Pinceel
a.k.a.
Marcvs Mvmmivs Falco

LEG XI CPF vzw
>Q SER FEST
www.LEGIOXI.be
For my Attic I wear a Phrygian cap with the top stuffed full of cotton; there's no way that the helmet can just sit on your head -- that's why it crushes your ears and covers your eyes...
You can see a bit of the way it sits here:
http://www.airsoftwv.com/RomanDays06/sl ... MNITE.html

It's not ideal, I guess, but it's workable.

I'm not sure of the "original," or if there is one. The front peak reminds me of stuff that's come out of burials north of the Black Sea...
Dan Diffendale
Ph.D. candidate, University of Michigan
Quote:You can see a bit of the way it sits here:
http://www.airsoftwv.com/RomanDays06/sl ... MNITE.html

It's not ideal, I guess, but it's workable.
Get a haircut :wink: :wink:
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Yes, I noticed I could stuff half a sheep inside the helmet and it was still a bit deep :lol:

Are there any original cheekpieces left that could be fittied on this type of helmet? If I have a shape I can cut down the large cheekguards down to a better fit...

What is the most common cheekguard closure system for this type of helmet? Single rings? Double tie rings? Studs on the outside?
Jef Pinceel
a.k.a.
Marcvs Mvmmivs Falco

LEG XI CPF vzw
>Q SER FEST
www.LEGIOXI.be

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Photos of the Berkasovo helmet needed! Virilis 10 3,128 01-24-2011, 01:25 PM
Last Post: Virilis
  Photos of Bekrasovo 2 helmet needed Thorkil 6 2,007 09-29-2007, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Thorkil
  Making a Roman Attic Helmet from a Corinthian helm AntonivsMarivsCongianocvs 46 11,780 08-24-2007, 09:50 PM
Last Post: AntonivsMarivsCongianocvs