Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Animal Cruelty
First it was Dolphins...now a friend has sent this, I can't even watch it all...
how can anybody condone this sort of cruelty....?
cruelty
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
[url:n2diviuq]http://www.hoplites.org[/url]
The enemy is less likely to get wind of an advance of cavalry, if the orders for march were passed from mouth to mouth rather than announced by voice of herald, or public notice. Xenophon
-
I stopped watching after a minute.

I can see why people kill animals, I can even fathom why they kill them less then efficiently, but I'll never be able to understand why they make them suffer like that. Cry
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
I really f**king hate humans. Any idea where this is from?

And people wonder why I have no compassion for my own species. Too bad it's no longer politically correct to use nuclear weapons....I can think of about 6 countries that are in dire need of it.

It'd be easy...you say...you will meet with such and such regulations about "X" topics and you have 1 week to do so or it's:

[Image: nuclear_blast.jpg]

Legion: TBD
Quote:Too bad it's no longer politically correct to use nuclear weapons....
Tut tut tut. :wink:
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
god, what are those poor things? Where the hell is that? That is totally barbaric, skinned alive, man that makes me mad as hell!!!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
I think they are racoons, I couldn't watch for more than a few seconds... Cry Cry
The video was forwarded by an online friend, who was also extremely upset, but it originally comes from the PETA website and was filmed in a Chinese fur farm. This is the information pageb......s :evil: :evil:
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
[url:n2diviuq]http://www.hoplites.org[/url]
The enemy is less likely to get wind of an advance of cavalry, if the orders for march were passed from mouth to mouth rather than announced by voice of herald, or public notice. Xenophon
-
I didn't manage all of it, either! Will try to see more if I can stomach it! :evil:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:And people wonder why I have no compassion for my own species. Too bad it's no longer politically correct to use nuclear weapons....I can think of about 6 countries that are in dire need of it.

I can imagine I would agree with you on all 6. Nothing Pi$$es me off like cruelty to animals.These people are prime cases for torture!
"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."

a.k.a. Paul M.
Oh damn..

Yeah I couldn't get past the first 3 minutes.

I volunteered at a Wildlife hopsital for over 5 years, and in that time I've seen some pretty nasty things done to animals, including results of an oil spill; and a few friends of mine who do Rehab and/or Educational programs with animals all have at least 1 story where they witnessed an animal being beaten or whichever and nearly [beating] that person(s) doing the damage, or wanting to hunt them down, et cetera.

Although to try and put a positive spin on this, I was partly involved with the recovery and treatment of some animals who suffered being attacked by humans, so some horrors that I have seen recovered well. And I do believe there is a growing force against cruelty. Slowly, but I believe it is growing.

And there is of course a part of me that would like to take that excuse of a human and give them likewise treatment with a cudgel.
That being said, for every time something like this comes up, there are several more people willing to stand up and say No, willing to "fight" back and defend animals. So there is hope.

Magnus - Perhaps there is a use for Crucifixion afterall?
Andy Volpe
"Build a time machine, it would make this [hobby] a lot easier."
https://www.facebook.com/LegionIIICyr/
Legion III Cyrenaica ~ New England U.S.
Higgins Armory Museum 1931-2013 (worked there 2001-2013)
(Collection moved to Worcester Art Museum)
They deserve to suffer that torture in the next life.
[Image: 120px-Septimani_seniores_shield_pattern.svg.png] [Image: Estalada.gif]
Ivan Perelló
[size=150:iu1l6t4o]Credo in Spatham, Corvus sum bellorum[/size]
That is sick... why keep it alive why you're trying to do something like that to it?

Thats disgusting and makes me so angry!
Amanda Welshman
(No Roman name yet)
my reaction too
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Hahaha, yeah, you probably would paul, though one or two might surprise you. :wink:

It's just too bad that there isn't a global organization that can police and effectively enforce laws against this stuff. It sickens me that my own country has the seal hunt...I hope all you EU guys keep putting the pressure on by banning the products, and hopefully that will put a stop to it.

Legion: TBD
I didn’t see the clip and don’t care to. I believe that people have a right to see what they choose and I’ve enjoyed certain clips here that other have found offensive, but if it is about animal cruelty, you might want to think about the young kids that may come here and see it, thinking that this site only contains information relating to Rome. Some parents put filters to block young kids from seeing things like this, then come here and find a link that bypasses some filters and takes them straight there.

I know that seeing garbage like this puts out an understanding of some of the travesties that go on, and by making people aware, that’s how movements start to stop it, but here at RAT, we might want to think about the younger, more impressionable kids that may also see it.

Just a thought.
Steve
Well...killing of animals for meat or pelt etc. is natural but they deserve respect if we take somethig from them, so it is bad to let animals suffer like in this clip...
Martin