Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
some good material for gladius grip
avete omnes

I want give to everybody one information about the possibility to use one very good material for the sostitution of the ivory that is very expansive and difficult to have(a lot of permission ecc)

this material is the bases of the rok of the reindeers,this part in fact is full and white..is very simple to woek and look like ivory.is not expansive and is possible do a lot of tings.

in the photo you see a complete grip for gladius(is not finish)and one grip of parazonium(not finish too)

valete
PierPaolo siercovich
Great!!!! Laudes!!!!!
Lucius Domitius Aurelianus
Patrik Pföstl

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.roemer.ch.vu">http://www.roemer.ch.vu

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.celtae.de/SihFrewen/index.php">http://www.celtae.de/SihFrewen/index.php

[Image: o3.gif]

Awesome work! Looks very close to the real thing!

Legion: TBD
Breathtaking ! ! !
Angus Finnigan
Very nice!

Where can one get this material?
Jef Pinceel
a.k.a.
Marcvs Mvmmivs Falco

LEG XI CPF vzw
>Q SER FEST
www.LEGIOXI.be
A hunting we will go, ahunting we will go, hey-ho the merry-o....... Smile

That is reaaly great work! and excuse my singing......
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:avete omnes

this material is the bases of the rok of the reindeers,this part in fact is full and white..is very simple to woek and look like ivory.

Forgive my anatomical ignorance, but what part is the "bases of the rok"?
I'm pretty sure that I've heard of a reindeer farm (technically ranch, but if the owners want to call it a farm, who am I to argue?) somewhere not too far from me.
Marcus Julius Germanus
m.k.a. Brian Biesemeyer
S.P.Q.A.
very beautifully Big Grin
Ave PierPaolo,

breathtaking! Laudes to you Big Grin
Greetings from germania incognita

Heiko (Cornelius Quintus)

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
avete omnes

i will prove to show to you how is simple work whit this material.this material is the part of the rok that is near the head of the raindeers so il whitout pulp like normal rok but is full and strong.in this photos you will see how look crude and how look after some work.if you whant do one grip you have to unit two part of this material (i use special bicomponent that is very strong)if you whant do pommell or guard is good only one part.first you use the machine for eat material and give a few of form,after normal lathe for wooo for give more anda more form.if you whant you can finish the grip whit lathe,if you whant do tipical exagonal grip you will finish by hand.where take this material?i have one importer that take this in norway and sell crude,the price is not expansive 8 euro hic pieces.i think in your country too should be some firm that do this.
PierPaolo siercovich
some photo about this
PierPaolo siercovich
or by lathe,is very simple to work a few more strong that wood
PierPaolo siercovich
Just remember to wear a mask or respirator. The bone or antler dust can get into the lungs, it smell bad, tastes worse, and since it does not break down, can cause cancer. Just a heads up.

Really beautiful work!!
Titvs Calidivs Agricola
Wes Olson

Twas a woman that drove me to drink, and I never thanked her. W.C. Fields
avete omnes

Wes tank you very much for this informations!from you i know this about dust of bone..i will use someting for my face in the future..thank you a lot!
PierPaolo siercovich
avete omnes

this are the gladius and pugio that I am making for myself,I am far to finish but is possible to hundestand how they will look.for the pugio I had inspiration from this from ercolano that was all in bone.
PierPaolo siercovich

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Grip material FAVENTIANVS 27 5,239 12-12-2006, 01:35 AM
Last Post: FAVENTIANVS
  Gladius Guard, Grip and Pommel--How do I make my own? sillious saurus 3 3,163 07-14-2006, 07:25 PM
Last Post: Martin Moser
  Light Infantry Shield and Gladius Grip Primvs Pavlvs 13 3,029 03-01-2006, 11:46 PM
Last Post: Primvs Pavlvs