Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My new Balteus
On Friday early in the morning I finished my new Balteus. I embroidery him by myself with motives from Vimose. The phalera and the baldric plates from Holger Ratsdorf. The spatha is from deepeeka a little bit changed :wink:
Thank you for sharing. laudes awarded.
Caius Fabius Maior
Charles Foxtrot
moderator, Roman Army Talk
link to the rules for posting
[url:2zv11pbx]http://romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=22853[/url]
Bravo! I like the scabbard covering!
[Image: 120px-Septimani_seniores_shield_pattern.svg.png] [Image: Estalada.gif]
Ivan Perelló
[size=150:iu1l6t4o]Credo in Spatham, Corvus sum bellorum[/size]
that is gorgeous...you're helping to inspire me - I have the deepeeka spatha and the same hardware also from Holger, but have been delaying making it! Laudes for excellent work!
Gallus Marinus Micarius
a.k.a. Peter Van Rossum
LEG IX HSPA - COH III EXPG - CEN I HIB
FIDELITAS - - VIRTUS - - MAGNANIMITAS
very nice indeed. great talent!
Tiberius Claudius Lupus

Chuck Russell
Keyser,WV, USA
[url:em57ti3w]http://home.armourarchive.org/members/flonzy/Roman/index.htm[/url]
Wow, hand stitched !

You beat me to the punch, Martin. I was going to have my baldric stitched with the same design (using a machine, though, I can't stitch).

Laudes from me as well.

Gorgeous work !

~ Theo
Jaime
Nice one!
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Good work!
Thank you :oops: :oops: :oops:
My compliments on the embroidery. I would like to hear more of how you accomplished this as I have tried some of it myself.
"In war as in loving, you must always keep shoving." George S. Patton, Jr.
Excelent, that's great work. I'm jealous! Confusedhock:
~ Paul Elliott

The Last Legionary
This book details the lives of Late Roman legionaries garrisoned in Britain in 400AD. It covers everything from battle to rations, camp duties to clothing.
Quote:I would like to hear more of how you accomplished this as I have tried some of it myself.

As the first and increased I copied the motives on the width of the leather. In the case it is broad 6.5 cm. Then I put the collecting main on the leather and stung each pass with the needle as in the original by paper and leather. Afterwards with the stick yarn embroiders. Not very heavily, but lengthily :wink: