Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Complete sword ban proposed in UK - UK residents only
Interesting, thanks. I still feel there's something in the works on a UK level, if only because there are so many organisations in the general UK convinced there's a Bill applying to all swords for all purposes.

But, it may be a case of a storm in a teacup. In fact, I hope it is.

But I'm not convinced the definitions of re-enactment will be enough to cover all legitimate activity (meaning one without criminal intent) until it is specifically defined for all to read. If, for instance, the re-enactment were tied in with British culture, would a friendly plod realise we were all mostly Romans once? How would the Greeks amongst us fare? What I think might be unfounded (hopefully), but the police have enough legal detail to keep in their heads, and I do remember Customs not knowing if the stuff I once got from the States was legit to bring into the UK and I had to verify it for them from the Home Office myself - and these are guys with the info available there and then, not out and about on the streets.
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!

Messages In This Thread
save lives! - by Caius Fabius - 03-06-2007, 03:35 PM
Re: Complete sword ban proposed in UK - UK residents only - by Tarbicus - 03-06-2007, 06:24 PM
Re: save lives! - by Cornelius Quintus - 03-06-2007, 08:39 PM
Re: save lives! - by Tarbicus - 03-06-2007, 08:58 PM
Re: Complete sword ban proposed in UK - UK residents only - by Anonymous - 03-07-2007, 11:21 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Proposed Centurion Pteryges Magnus 61 10,300 02-08-2007, 07:27 PM
Last Post: Mithras