Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
alternative recruiting: social networks
Other than RAT, finding folks interested in Roman history isn't easy. But after noticing a number of folks in the DC area signing up, I started a group in Meetup.com on ancient Roman history.
Ancient Roman History Meetup

the concept is just for non-reenactment discussions. Two weeks into it and the response has been good. Has anyone else tried this sort of thing? Unfortunately, this one cost$, but if it finds people interested in Roman history that's a plus.
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
If you're really interested in attracting numbers, particularly among the younger set, you'd be hard pressed to beat MySpace as a networking tool. Personally I find it obnoxious and can't stand the sight of it, but I also know that when I was doing stand-up in Birmingham, AL our audiences quadrupled after we had a MySpace presence. And, of course, it's free.
Franklin Slaton
Semper Ubi Sub Ubi
Your mother wears caligae!
Legio V from Knoxville and I advertise events and groups on the college networking service Facebook with limited success.
[Image: RAT_signature2.png]
I'm on Facebook. It's a bit more private than myspace and not as obnoxious...lol.

Legion: TBD
Quote:I'm on Facebook. It's a bit more private than myspace and not as obnoxious...lol.
Quite true. Sadly, it's this same privacy that only makes reenacting news and such available to those who are already interested, unlike MySpace where you can simply bombard/force people into liking it. :lol:
[Image: RAT_signature2.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Roman Recruiting? scotti73 10 1,991 03-12-2012, 10:49 PM
Last Post: scotti73
  Recruiting in Chicago kevair464 0 712 12-02-2008, 05:54 PM
Last Post: kevair464