Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tale in the Desert
This seems to be a really different type of online game. Set in ancient Egypt, the goal is to achieve the 'seven disciplines that allow you to live forever'. There is no combat, but a lot of research and discovery, cooperative law making, and other features. If this were written for Rome, how fascinating to think you could assume the role of governor, merchant, traveller, politician, or whatever, and work your way up to the top or achieve certain goals. Interesting variation and potentially great way to learn.<br>
<br>
www.atitd.com/index.html <p>Richard Campbell, Legio XX<br>
<br>
</p><i></i>
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
Sounds a bit like The Sims Online.<br>
I liked TSO, but I'm waiting before I go back again for them to fix the bugs.<br>
J. <p></p><i></i>
Cheers,
Jenny
Founder, Roman Army Talk and RomanArmy.com

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson
Jenny<br>
<br>
I enjoyed the Sims, is the Sims online any good, you mention bugs ... ?<br>
<br>
All the best<br>
<br>
Graham <p></p><i></i>
I also played the game while it was in beta testing and have to admit that I found it to be sort of boring. There were bugs as well: objects going away, character skills deteriorating at the wrong rate, etc. They released it I think before all the problems were fixed. However, I think those are being worked on. My bigger problem with the game is that it is simply dull after awhile. There are a limited number of things to do and while such a game should encourage creativity, most of ones time is spent doing chores and trying to make enough money to actually be creative! There was some talk of allowing user made content into the game at some point, which I think would really improve the situation. I'm waiting until then. The game might be pretty fun if you had a large group of dedicated friends right from the beginning. Then you might actually be able to start something interesting. That's my two cents anyway.<br>
<br>
edit~ I just remembered that I can speak from personal experience on the bug issue! Before TSO came out, Maxis commissioned me to make some skins for the game, mostly women's pajamas. Among them was an outfit for the more full-figured sim. It was cute enough, but... when the game came out, Maxis made that the ONLY pajama outfit for ALL of the female sims in the whole game! The outfit only went on a larger body type, so when it came time for bed, every woman in the game put on about thirty pounds! I bet there's a rabid mob who would be out for my blood if they knew I'd made that skin! Hopefully they've fixed that by now.<br>
-Christy <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub45.ezboard.com/bromanarmytalk.showUserPublicProfile?gid=satsobek>satsobek</A> at: 2/15/03 4:29:55 pm<br></i>
-Christy Beall
Satsobek, you are refering to SOL not that Egyptian game? <p>Richard Campbell, Legio XX<br>
<br>
</p><i></i>
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
yes I am. Sorry! I was answering the second question. Didn't mean to derail your thread. <p></p><i></i>
-Christy Beall

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Tale of Honour and Civility - I Scipio Second 0 980 10-01-2013, 05:07 PM
Last Post: Scipio Second
  Archaeology and fantastic finds in the Desert Aulus Perrinius 4 1,207 11-26-2009, 11:49 PM
Last Post: Gaius Julius Caesar