Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gladius Hispeniensis Makeover
Yep, sorry to hijack this earlier! Great work Andy, and likewise, looking forward to seeing the finished article! Smile
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
[Image: P4060178.jpg]

Done! Been very busy with a huge re-enactment conference here in OZ, and this was probably my last project of my choice for myself. I have a few orders for this and that now.
Anyway, hope people like it. Didn't have the time to sink in the brass plate into the hilt, next time tho.

Andy
That's Beautiful Andy! Big Grin
Laudes to you Sir!
Well done!

Legion: TBD
Beautiful! Big Grin
I think that the tip perhaps should have been more 'pointy', like that of the Mainz type, which derived from the Hispaniensis. Just my opinion. 8)

Aitor
It\'s all an accident, an accident of hands. Mine, others, all without mind, from one extreme to another, but neither works nor will ever.

Rolf Steiner
Yeah, I see what you're saying Aitor. Make the taper more angular instead of gradual.

That's it Matt 8)
I've been looking for the drawings we made for the paper on the Azucarera hoard (only onesword tip suvived), but I haven't got any of them scanned... Sad

Aitor
It\'s all an accident, an accident of hands. Mine, others, all without mind, from one extreme to another, but neither works nor will ever.

Rolf Steiner
Yeah, here's a pic of Matt Amt's hispaniensis blade from Mark Morrow. I think Andy that you need to make the tip of yours a bit more pronounced. But really, you did a stupendous job.

[url:apmk40oc]http://www.larp.com/legioxx/Smihel1.jpg[/url]

Thanks for the compliments on this piece. It was a challenge tho crafting something where I do not have much material to base it on, only mostly others re-productions and a few pics here and there.

I do agree now with the point of the blade.

Thank you and most appreciated

Andy
Nice work Andy, very nice!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel