Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best spoof ever?
Now this is either the best spoof ever (my preferred option in that there is hope for humanity), or somebody actually takes this seriously (spookily scary in that we are all doomed). I bring you (if you haven't already stumbled across it) The Conservapedia. Think of it as Wikipedia for neocons. I particularly enjoyed the piece on The Roman Empire, backed up as it is by the authority of 'Suetonious' [sic] and vouchsafing the fact that Britain had been part of the Roman Empire since 41 BC. The most magnificent quote is, however, kept for the end: 'The Roman Empire built roads that connected roads that connected with the Silk Road': so now you know ;-)

Be warned, their server is sloooooooowwwwww......

Mike Bishop
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there
Confusedhock: :? roll:

Who are these guys kidding?

This has got to be a joke, or if not it is the perfect argument for better History teaching in High School.

The gods look down and laugh, if they bother to look down at all...

:wink:

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
Just look at the Main Page - says it all ...
Confusedhock: Confusedhock: Confusedhock: :lol: 8)

Oh, I laught too much! The training mondaynight is quite in my body and it hurts to laugh.

But I can´t help myself. Gotta take one more peak. Ouch!
Conservapedia is a much-needed alternative to Wikipedia, which is increasingly anti-Christian and anti-American. On Wikipedia, many of the dates are provided in the anti-Christian "C.E." instead of "A.D.", which Conservapedia uses. Christianity receives no credit for the great advances and discoveries it inspired, such as those of the Renaissance.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
The in depth article about Ho Chi Minh speaks volumns! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Confusedhock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
I went for a random page got The Age of Pericles...(well, appropriate enough) then the Hyskos....

Then I noticed........using those 'anti Christian' dates :lol:
Ancient History (Creation-500 AD)
The Middle Ages (500 CE-1500 AD)
The Renaissance (1300 CE-1600 AD)
Pre Modern Era (1500 CE-1900 AD)
Modern Era (1900 CE-Current)
:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
[url:n2diviuq]http://www.hoplites.org[/url]
The enemy is less likely to get wind of an advance of cavalry, if the orders for march were passed from mouth to mouth rather than announced by voice of herald, or public notice. Xenophon
-
Quote:Then I noticed........using those 'anti Christian' dates :lol:
You didn't. Big Grin 500CE - 1500AD??

CE stands for 'current Era', 'Christian Era', or 'Common Era' or something similarly silly, but the thing is that CE and AD are the same.

Or is that website using CE and AD mixed up together?
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spoof songs Nurglitch 4 1,561 04-04-2012, 09:20 PM
Last Post: caiusbeerquitius
  Archaeological Dig Uncovers Ancient Skeleton People *Spoof* Publius Nonius Severus 3 1,354 04-19-2007, 11:20 PM
Last Post: Gaius Julius Caesar
  Star Wars spoof trailer.... Arthes 2 815 01-09-2007, 01:38 AM
Last Post: GALLA PLACIDIA