Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tomb of Jesus?
Gee, they certainly "nailed" it didn't they?

...Aren't they afraid of "double crossing" Christians?

I dunno about this whole thing...But looking at the briefly shown pictures of the coffin, it looks a bit small and cramped...Makes me wonder if the that type of sarcophagus was used instead for cremation? Unless I'm only seeing a small crossection of the coffin?

And I'm not sure, but wasn't there something like 3 people with the name Jesus who were brought on trial before [Pontius Pilate]?

They should take The Shroud and compare it to the remains, too...

Then again, if they opened the coffin and it's empty...what does that say?

But with the "DNA" testing...I have to wonder, if they had some sort of DNA source to compare to...Then why hasn't some [nutball] tried to "ressurect" Jesus, so to speak, by cloning that DNA? Oh wait, that's right, the Church is all against that Cloning, Genetic and Stem Cell research stuff...Oh, too bad Tongue

...And that DNA comparison...If there was an "actual relative" - Gee, just think of that celebrity status and TV Specials and Dianne Sawyer and Baaabwaah Waaltahs Super Special Exclusive Interviews!

...As for CSI type shows - the inscription on the side must have a hidden recording embedded in the stone, notunlike a vinyl record and the hoaky idea of pottery that had voices recorded on it when the clay was being deocrated on wheel!
Andy Volpe
"Build a time machine, it would make this [hobby] a lot easier."
https://www.facebook.com/LegionIIICyr/
Legion III Cyrenaica ~ New England U.S.
Higgins Armory Museum 1931-2013 (worked there 2001-2013)
(Collection moved to Worcester Art Museum)
When Jesus was the son of God, we have a problem to get DNA... :wink:

But as far as I raed, it is said that he was the son of a Roman Legionar.

Gosh, I already see a movie coming up about that.
The documentary will be shown on 6th April at Pro7 in Germany.

Maybe with the shown DNA-test of an Easter-Egg? :mrgreen:
Susanna

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.musica-romana.de">www.musica-romana.de

A Lyra is basically an instrument to accompaign pyromanic city destruction.
Jesus!
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
[Image: fectio.png]
To me this sounds like a modern-day Piltdown Man hoax.

If there is a 1:100 chance of the name combination, that proves nothing as there were thousands living in Jerusalem at the time.

Wasn't it a few years ago that they found a sarcophagus in or near Jerusalem named to James the brother of Jesus? I wonder what conclusions came of this? Perhaps this is where they are going to find DNA - as Jesus' human parents did apparently have other children.
[size=84:2ykzgt0v]Yes, Alas - I really am that pale...[/size]
SPVRIVS
[size=75:2ykzgt0v]aka Sean Foster[/size]
Quote:When Jesus was the son of God, we have a problem to get DNA... :wink:

But as far as I raed, it is said that he was the son of a Roman Legionar.

Gosh, I already see a movie coming up about that.

Avete omnes,

aren’t Hollywood script writers already tired of the same old stories? Why not connect that plot to another date?

So Cameron might prove that one of the three Magi traveling to Bethlehem was young Arminius, Herman the German, who took the lost ark with him back to Germania. That’s why Indiana Varus left Syria and went north – right into the Teutoburg disaster in 9 A.D. Germanicus' expedition found the holy chest which was brought to Briannia and sunk about 1900 years later with the Titanic when being transported to the US just in time before WW I started. A second stone chest was on board of the battleship Bismarck, of course. Lucky James managed to regain both from the bottom of the ocean and realized that they exactly looked like the hidden ossuaries in the giant top secret FBI store hall… Confusedhock:

Perfect to launch 2009, 2012 and 2041 – Consider the countless kilometers of Cameron’s former footage which can be recycled without further costs!
Greetings from germania incognita

Heiko (Cornelius Quintus)

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Quote:I dunno about this whole thing...But looking at the briefly shown pictures of the coffin, it looks a bit small and cramped...Makes me wonder if the that type of sarcophagus was used instead for cremation? Unless I'm only seeing a small crossection of the coffin?
The burial practices of the period included laying out the body for some period of time before a redeposition. We find the bones dearticulated, which basically means they were just a pile o' bones when they were put into the coffin.
Dan Diffendale
Ph.D. candidate, University of Michigan
Quote:So Cameron might prove that one of the three Magi traveling to Bethlehem was young Arminius, Herman the German, who took the lost ark with him back to Germania. That’s why Indiana Varus left Syria and went north – right into the Teutoburg disaster in 9 A.D. Germanicus' expedition found the holy chest which was brought to Briannia and sunk about 1900 years later with the Titanic when being transported to the US just in time before WW I started. A second stone chest was on board of the battleship Bismarck, of course. Lucky James managed to regain both from the bottom of the ocean and realized that they exactly looked like the hidden ossuaries in the giant top secret FBI store hall…

Heiko, you forgot something. It is much simpler; the templars are behind it. "Et In Arcadia Ego" :wink:
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
[Image: fectio.png]
Ave Jyrki,

right! What's such a story without the Templars - and the Roman secret archives... :lol:
Cameron could include some underwater footage from the cloaca maxima Confusedhock:
Greetings from germania incognita

Heiko (Cornelius Quintus)

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Dan - Ok, thanks! Didn't know what they did. That would make sence..Albeit a little greusome to just toss a decaying body into a small box...But not like the body is going to feel it or complain I suppose Tongue
Andy Volpe
"Build a time machine, it would make this [hobby] a lot easier."
https://www.facebook.com/LegionIIICyr/
Legion III Cyrenaica ~ New England U.S.
Higgins Armory Museum 1931-2013 (worked there 2001-2013)
(Collection moved to Worcester Art Museum)
Susanna said, But as far as I raed, it is said that he was the son of a Roman Legionar.

That was "The Life of Brian", courtesy of Monty Python.

But it's indicative of how fiction morphs into fact, and vice versa.
"Fugit irreparabile tempus" (Irrecoverable time glides away) Virgil

Ron Andrea
one word........

BS..............

Cameron needs money........ that is why he makes up this nonsense.......

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
Quote:Fim Director, James Cameron thinks he may have discovered the tomb of Jesus....

Oh dear, does this mean we can expect an epic movie starring Leonardo Di Caprio as Jesus, standing at the front of a boat on Lake Galilee, arms outstretched shouting "I am the king of the Jews"! :wink:

Graham.
"Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe.

"Every brush-stroke is torn from my body" The Rebel, Tony Hancock.

"..I sweated in that damn dirty armor....TWENTY YEARS!', Charlton Heston, The Warlord.
Quote:They should take The Shroud and compare it to the remains, too...

I don't think that would help, since the tissue of the "Shroud" is carbon dated to be no older then 700 years, so it is impossible that it would ever have holded the body of Jezus, son of Joseph from whom his body dissapeared more then 1100 years before the shroud was made...

Anyway, what is the fuzz about? He was just a founder of one of many Jewish sects during the Roman occupation of Iudea. All leaders of Jewish sects called themselves "Son of God". Hiding his body and saying he went to heaven might have been just a publicity stunt by his followers. A quit succesfull publicity stunt that even fooled some Roman rulers (with the known consequences) :wink:
Iorus Sarcophagus Ludens
(Jo Vansteenkiste)

Viroviacum Romanum (Wervik - Belgium) [url:2hhvemuv]http://www.viroviacum.be[/url]
legionair of Legio XI CFP [url:2hhvemuv]http://www.legioxi.be[/url]

"Nunc est bibendum!"
Quote:Hiding his body and saying he went to heaven might have been just a publicity stunt by his followers. A quit succesfull publicity stunt that even fooled some Roman rulers (with the known consequences) :wink:

Indeed it might. The fuzz is that a few folk out here still don't think it was, 2000 years on. Big Grin
Salvianus: Ste Kenwright

A member of Comitatus Late Roman Historical Re-enactment Group

My Re-enactment Journal

~ antiquum obtinens ~
Quote:Susanna said, But as far as I raed, it is said that he was the son of a Roman Legionar.

That was "The Life of Brian", courtesy of Monty Python.

But it's indicative of how fiction morphs into fact, and vice versa.

He was supposedly the son of a solider called Panthera, or known as Ben ha Pantera....:wink:
Ben ha Pantera means son of the virgin (young lady) or son of the leopard. Is that a leopard skin wearing man I wonder???
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
[url:n2diviuq]http://www.hoplites.org[/url]
The enemy is less likely to get wind of an advance of cavalry, if the orders for march were passed from mouth to mouth rather than announced by voice of herald, or public notice. Xenophon
-