Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bishop & Coulston Pugio
I was reading the new Bishop & Coulston book and was wondering if anybody had any actual photos of the pugio on page 86 "Alleriot". Big Grin It appears from the B&C drawing that it was a beautiful pugio scabbard one that I would like to be reconstructed. However, since it is only a scetch in the book no details of materials or colors can be made.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thank you

Paolo
"You have to laugh at life or else what are you going to laugh at?" (Joseph Rosen)

Paolo
Quote:I was reading the new Bishop & Coulston book and was wondering if anybody had any actual photos of the pugio on page 86 "Alleriot". Big Grin It appears from the B&C drawing that it was a beautiful pugio scabbard one that I would like to be reconstructed. However, since it is only a scetch in the book no details of materials or colors can be made.

Go here for details, with a line drawing and a colour photo, if you read French, here if you don't.

Mike Bishop
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there
That is a nice pugio!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Dr. Bishop

Thanks for the response, picture and information. It is quite a beautiful pugio.

Thanks

Paolo
"You have to laugh at life or else what are you going to laugh at?" (Joseph Rosen)

Paolo
Dr. Bishop,

Is there if possbile a clearer photo oh this dagger. I cannot really tell which is silver and which is brass and where the enamel is.

Thank you

Paolo

Paolo

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bishop and Coulston Alleriot Pugio Doc 3 1,347 02-23-2007, 07:32 PM
Last Post: Doc