Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last Stand of the 300 - TV
This is currently in production and due for showing sometime this year... Big Grin No release dates as yet....
Last Stand of the 300
I am not sure where Alexander comes into the story unless they mean Alexander I?
2007 - The Year of the Spartans..... :roll: Big Grin
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
[url:n2diviuq]http://www.hoplites.org[/url]
The enemy is less likely to get wind of an advance of cavalry, if the orders for march were passed from mouth to mouth rather than announced by voice of herald, or public notice. Xenophon
-
Quote:I am not sure where Alexander comes into the story unless they mean Alexander I?
It might be a scene of him telling the story of the 300, or even a bit at the end as an epilogue.
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Isn't the actor playing Leonidas a bit young?

Oh well, hopefully they will do a good job.
Thank you for the info Arthes
Spyros Kaltikopoulos

Honor to those who in the life they lead
define and guard a Thermopylae.
Never betraying what is right,
consistent and just in all they do
but showing pity also, and compassion
Kavafis the Alexandrian
Quote:Isn't the actor playing Leonidas a bit young?
I had exactly the same thought on seeing him, at least Gerald Butler is a little more mature....!
Maybe it's his previous experience as sword master/sword choreographer they are interested in....?
The guy playing the Oracle Priest may have looked more suitable...already has the hair and a beard...!
It seems the Spartans (including a lady) have previously been stunt men and have experience in sword fighting, fencing or instructing....does this mean a lot of fight sequences... Big Grin
If these photos are from the pre-filming...the Spartans are wearing Corinthian helms with crests/transverse for the Ephors, bronze muscle cuirass with white pteruges, usual red tunics and cloaks.. I'd better ask before giving the link to them...no aspises to be seen...
regards
Arthes
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
The enemy is less likely to get wind of an advance of cavalry, if the orders for march were passed from mouth to mouth rather than announced by voice of herald, or public notice. Xenophon
-
Quote:Isn't the actor playing Leonidas a bit young?

Silly boy! :wink: Heroes are always young and have no helmets or body hair, other than a bit round the male member, just to prove they're not eunuchs.

As to the second sentence, I doubt it! Did you notice the "Spartan Drill Instructor" (Forsooth!) was shown bare-chested. I thought only the Athenians drilled in the nude! And the lady oracle - is she Thai, Burmese or Korean? Not that I've got any objection to any of these three, except that they don't look terribly Greek...

What's the betting these "ex-fencers" do it without shields?

God! I'm getting cynical! Must have read too many damned "Graphic Novels"!
smells like hollywood :lol: :lol:
aka Yannis
----------------
Molon lave
Leonidas aka Paris of Troy gets ahead by joining Peronis and Cabello in the Batavian plume brigade :lol: :lol:
Trojan War
Having said that....I hope they will be doing some fighting in this film...watch the videos here...includes the skirmish battle from Rome - Strength and Honour...!
Most of the Spartans are in the Bible Battle film...
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
-
Quote:
spyros:2vcw8a4b Wrote:Isn't the actor playing Leonidas a bit young?

Silly boy! :wink: Heroes are always young and have no helmets or body hair, other than a bit round the male member, just to prove they're not eunuchs.

As to the second sentence, I doubt it! Did you notice the "Spartan Drill Instructor" (Forsooth!) was shown bare-chested. I thought only the Athenians drilled in the nude! And the lady oracle - is she Thai, Burmese or Korean? Not that I've got any objection to any of these three, except that they don't look terribly Greek...

What's the betting these "ex-fencers" do it without shields?

God! I'm getting cynical! Must have read too many damned "Graphic Novels"!

:lol: :lol: Ok may I do excpect too much, but than again miracles are known to happen. I'm fine as long as there is no Gorgo fighting besides Leonidas yelling like Zyna brrrrrrr
Spyros Kaltikopoulos

Honor to those who in the life they lead
define and guard a Thermopylae.
Never betraying what is right,
consistent and just in all they do
but showing pity also, and compassion
Kavafis the Alexandrian
Who is this playing Philip II, I can't find a name....he just looks so right.... Confusedhock: :? //i85.photobucket.com/albums/k67/FemaleWarrior/Philippos-1.jpg[/img]

From a short clip here...about Macedonian city states...
Macedon
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
-
I might be watching the Last Stand thing tonight. Smile
[size=75:wtt9v943]Susanne Arvidsson

I have not spent months gathering Hoplites from the four corners of the earth just to let
some Swedish pancake in a purloined panoply lop their lower limbs off!
- Paul Allen, Thespian
[/size]

[Image: partofE448.jpg]
Quote:I might be watching the Last Stand thing tonight. Smile
Lucky you.. :wink: ..I will have to buy the DVD...or wait until it is all on YouTube... :oops: lol Big Grin
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
-
I found a montage on Youtube featuring the combat scenes from Last Stand of the 300. The aspidae are less than stellar, but better than most TV reenactments, while the armor and helmets are not too bad. Phalanx is, of course, barely seen. Too boring for TV I guess? :roll:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=21GFCuozZAw
Paul Basar - Member of Wildfire Game\'s Project 0 AD
Wildfire Games - Project 0 A.D.
Last Stand of the 300 (in 9 parts)

Wink
[Image: parsiaqj0.png]
[size=92:7tw9zbc0]- Bonnie Lawson: proudly Manx.[/size]
OK, ok, Ok :!:
We are tough customers to please but at least:
They were metal cuirasses and someone was browsing our forum on shield devices. They attempted even a Thespian one!! :wink:

It just proves that amore accurate depiction is not at all impossible.

Yes audiences might find accurate phalanx fighting boring Sad

kind regards
Thank you...... Big Grin and Laudes...!
Quote:Last Stand of the 300 (in 9 parts)

Wink
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
-