Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stupid is as Stupid Does
I think we all love a dumb criminal story, so I thought I would share this from my local newspaper.

Man gives finger to sheriff, crashes car

Matthew Thompson
Daily Mail staff

Friday January 26, 2007
Police said they arrested a South Charleston man for driving under the influence after he flipped his middle finger at Kanawha County Sheriff Mike Rutherford and then crashed his car.

Glenn Harold Vickers, 53, was arrested Thursday night near the Microtel Inn off the Montrose Drive exit in South Charleston.

The incident occurred while Rutherford was driving home from a County Commission meeting.

Rutherford left the meeting at the Virginia Street courthouse around 7:45 p.m., he said. He then got on the Oakwood Road ramp and began heading west on Interstate 64.

Rutherford said that while he was trying to merge with traffic, he noticed Vickers' 1997 Mercury station wagon weaving over into his lane.

Rutherford said he merged and then he headed down the straight stretch of the interstate. Vickers' car fell behind Rutherford's unmarked black Jeep Laredo.

Vickers then allegedly began to tailgate Rutherford's Jeep, Rutherford said.

"I thought he was going to ram me," the sheriff said this morning. "He'd come right on my bumper, then he would just back off."

Rutherford said that after Vickers crowded his Jeep's bumper three times, he radioed police headquarters to see if there were any other officers in the area.

By this point, Rutherford's car and Vickers' car were approaching the Montrose Avenue interchange.

Rutherford said Vickers took the exit and as he did, he extended his middle finger toward the sheriff.

Vickers then crashed the right side of his station wagon along the exit's guardrail, Rutherford said.

"He was looking directly at me, giving me the finger and just ran into the guardrail," Rutherford said. "There's no question in my mind he was not paying attention."

After crashing, Vickers continued to travel down Montrose Avenue, Rutherford said. Sheriff's deputies arrived after Vickers parked his car at the Microtel Inn on Second Avenue.

Rutherford said Vickers failed a field sobriety test and declined to take a Breathalyzer test. He was then taken into police custody.

Rutherford said he's not sure why Vickers made the obscene gesture. The sheriff said he had never met Vickers before.

"When he was stopped and I introduced myself, you could tell he was surprised," Rutherford said. "It was like all the air was taken out of him."

Police said Vickers was released on bond. A court date has not been set.
"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."

a.k.a. Paul M.
Quote:Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Just curious...what's that mean?
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
PM Sent to explain :wink:

a.k.a. Paul M.
Quote:PM Sent to explain :wink:
H.P.L I presume..... :wink:
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
[url:n2diviuq]http://www.hoplites.org[/url]
The enemy is less likely to get wind of an advance of cavalry, if the orders for march were passed from mouth to mouth rather than announced by voice of herald, or public notice. Xenophon
-
Quote:
Primvs Pavlvs:1chr0a6r Wrote:PM Sent to explain :wink:
H.P.L I presume..... :wink:

The one and only uncredited genius of modern horror!

a.k.a. Paul M.
Aw c'mon Paul, I wanna know too!
[size=84:2ykzgt0v]Yes, Alas - I really am that pale...[/size]
SPVRIVS
[size=75:2ykzgt0v]aka Sean Foster[/size]
In his house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits dreaming. This is the translation Big Grin

a.k.a. Paul M.
Pnacotics or Necronomicon? Tongue

Aitor
It\'s all an accident, an accident of hands. Mine, others, all without mind, from one extreme to another, but neither works nor will ever.

Rolf Steiner
If he's dead, how can he dream?

Legion: TBD
That's part of the mystery. These creatures aren't quite like us.
Pecunia non olet
People die when their life functions abandon them and Gods when people stop believe in them.
Book like "Nekronomikon" are supposed to give instructions to resurrect dead Gods.
Hope answers your querry Matt.

Kind regards
Quote:
Quote:Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Just curious...what's that mean?

You mean you did not copy paste it into Google right away? Am I the only one who does that? Big Grin

'In His House at R'lyeh Dead Cthulhu waits dreaming,
yet He shall rise and His kingdom shall cover the Earth.'

http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~dame ... UWoCS.html
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
*puts hand up* I googled it Tongue Some intresting results I personally hadn't heard of it before at all.
Dave Bell/Secvndvs

Comitatus
[Image: comitatus.jpg]

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.comitatus.net">www.comitatus.net
Yay Dave! Big Grin
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Cthulu...Is that in Tobin's Spirit Guide??

8)

As for the drunkard...Probably because the drunkard felt the jeep was in his way, as he was waaaaay too important and the jeep just would not get out of his way...Sounds like your typical (SUV or BMW) driver in Massachusetts :roll:
Andy Volpe
"Build a time machine, it would make this [hobby] a lot easier."
https://www.facebook.com/LegionIIICyr/
Legion III Cyrenaica ~ New England U.S.
Higgins Armory Museum 1931-2013 (worked there 2001-2013)
(Collection moved to Worcester Art Museum)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sometimes Universities can be so stupid D B Campbell 9 2,268 04-25-2010, 01:21 PM
Last Post: Crispvs
  Very very stupid festive fun - Roman Elf Evidence Added Libitina 6 2,170 12-20-2007, 11:30 PM
Last Post: Libitina
  Some people are so stupid Carlton Bach 2 1,048 05-05-2005, 03:18 PM
Last Post: Robert Vermaat