Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New historical novel
I'm doing this as a favour to an old friend (all debts now discharged, CG!).

The Armatura Press is reasonably proud to announce the publication (in the sense that I am finally telling people about it, having had the damn thing set up since 2006) Usipi: A Quest for Home.

This is available as a free download (under a Creative Commons Attribution - Noncommercial - Noderivs license) so that you can decide if you wish to purchase it. This is not only TAP's first venture into fiction (CG tells me he has at least three more up his sleeve, including a sequel (which will be a neat trick if he can pull it off), but I don't think I'm obliged to publish those... we'll see), but is also our first attempt at POD (print on demand). So when you order a book, it is only printed when your order is actually received.

If this is even moderately successful, then I have several (non-fiction) books of my own which I might send down this route.

Mike Bishop
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there
If it's POD, can I get the folks running that POD machine over at the World Bank to print it for me?
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
Quote:If it's POD, can I get the folks running that POD machine over at the World Bank to print it for me?

Well as long as it's not in violation of the licence (ie it's not for profit) then I don't see why not. Of course, the page sizes may not be compatible, you don't have a cover,* the book will be in 12 separate files, and I have no idea what the WB will charge you... but apart from that ;-)

Mike Bishop

*That hasn't stopped Penguin releasing some of their classics with plain covers which you are then at liberty to adorn; perhaps you could do the same with this.

Congratulations! More to read Big Grin

Fingers crossed it'll work out.
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Congratulations Mike Big Grin x83mnlai]http://www.historicalnovelsociety.org/the-review.htm[/url]) to review?
Quote:Congratulations Mike Big Grin Will you send a printed copy to the Historical Novel Society ([url:2xnajaim]http://www.historicalnovelsociety.org/the-review.htm[/url]) to review?

Given that the dedication in the book reads 'For Rosemary', I feel obliged to do so! It'll cost him, mind...

Mike Bishop