Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost children raised by animals
I was just reading about the woman in Cambodia who lived feral in the jungle but was found recently. A bit of Googling took me to this website that lists children raised by animals, which brought to mind Romulus and Remus. Given the subject of this entire forum, I thought I'd post the site here, as reference, and perhaps giving some credibility to the story of the brothers. Other ancient legends are on there as well, and the number of children raised by wolves is quite amazing.

A fascinating read.
[url:2rx7mobs]http://www.feralchildren.com/en/children.php?tp=0[/url]
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
i've read somewhere that the latin word for wolf (lupus) was slang for prostitute which could mean that it was another story of Romulus....
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
Quote:i've read somewhere that the latin word for wolf (lupus) was slang for prostitute which could mean that it was another story of Romulus....

Livy himself introduced the ambiguity: Ab Urbe Condita , Book I, Chapter IV

"The tradition goes on to say that after the floating cradle in which the boys had been exposed had been left by the retreating water on dry land, a thirsty she-wolf from the surrounding hills, attracted by the crying of the children, came to them, gave them her teats to suck and was so gentle towards them that the king's flock-master found her licking the boys with her tongue. According to the story his name was Faustulus. He took the children to his hut and gave them to his wife Larentia to bring up. Some writers think that Larentia, from her unchaste life, had got the nickname of `She-wolf' amongst the shepherds, and that this was the origin of the marvellous story."
Since it was all mythical history, we will never know what really(if it indeed) happened.
Ave everyone,

My only question entailing the feral children is that it seems that the language skills are always severely impaired. However that does not pertain to Romulus and Remus, because of them being rescued after suckling.
William Summe

(Felix Agrippa)

Quando omni flunkus moritati

When all else fails, play dead
This could also be a probable explanation.

According to Livy, some said that Loba, wife of Faustulus had suckled them, not a female wolf Indeed, her name meant wolf which was Lupus in Latin.
William Summe

(Felix Agrippa)

Quando omni flunkus moritati

When all else fails, play dead