Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Theodosius I
Theodosius I, who is also called Theodosius the Great, died on this day in A.D. 395.

[Image: Theodosius.jpg]
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
voted bad
RESTITVTOR LIBERTATIS ET ROMANAE RELIGIONIS

DEDITICIVS MINERVAE ET MVSARVM

[Micha F.]
He only took care of himself an nothing else.
I'm no longer thát big a fan of him, but I feel I should say at least something in his defence. He díd manage to stabilise the East after Adrianople, did he not?
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
He preserved the unity of the empire (good), and defeated several enemies (good), but accepted the autority of a superior force (bad) and leaved the throne to 2 incompetents (bad). So he is ok.
I voted A bad emperor but i have already discussed it in an earlier tread.
Tot ziens.
Geert S. (Sol Invicto Comiti)
Imperator Caesar divi Marci Antonini Pii Germanici Sarmatici ½filius divi Commodi frater divi Antonini Pii nepos divi Hadriani pronepos divi Traiani Parthici abnepos divi Nervae adnepos Lucius Septimius Severus Pius Pertinax Augustus Arabicus ½Adiabenicus Parthicus maximus pontifex maximus
Quote:He preserved the unity of the empire (good), and defeated several enemies (good), but accepted the autority of a superior force (bad) and leaved the throne to 2 incompetents (bad). So he is ok.

I think the same.

( wow....... :? ? )
Tongue
Carme
[url:utwukq64]http://www.primagermanica.com[/url]
[Image: vexilium.jpg]
Funny, in your families women seems to be a lot smarter then men (Honorius and Valentianus III against Honoria and yourself! Big Grin )
But cruel too - why did you have poor Serena strangled? Big Grin
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans