Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ancient Warfare magazine & the Greeks
Philosophy and specifics of fighting styles, then later, how they differed from the Roman Republic, then the pros and cons of both.
Steve
How about an article on the rise of lightly armored foot soldiers in the early stages of the Peloponnesian War? I've been looking for books and articles on the subject myself and haven't had much luck. Perhaps a simple article on the differences between hoplites and lighter armed troops, and to what capacity they were deployed in combat would be really useful. After all, according to Hanson's new book A War Like No Other, hoplites only engaged in pitched battles for maybe 5 or 6 hours in thirty years of fighting.

Just an idea!
Gaius Tertius Severus "Terti" / Trey Starnes

"ESSE QUAM VIDERE"
Hello
I would like to read an article about the transformation in tacticts and equipment of the hoplite and pelstats (Iphicrate´s reforms).
This article with two illustrations , depicting the before and after troops types, would be great.
Best regards
JP Vieira
Visit my Website at
[url:n6bls2l1]http://ilustro.webs.com/[/url]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did Ancient Greeks ever bless or cast spells on their arms and armour? Cletus_the_Black 0 632 06-03-2020, 07:15 PM
Last Post: Cletus_the_Black
  Which Ancient Warfare issues would you recommend for an interest in phalangites? mma_calculator 1 2,062 05-18-2016, 03:01 PM
Last Post: Praefectusclassis
  how did ancient greeks make aspis? gookbbong 12 6,714 10-19-2015, 01:29 AM
Last Post: Arthur