Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A modern crupellarius?
With a CV that includes producing bear-proof armour, you could have guessed this chap was going to go on to produce all-over body protection for troops. My first question (how does he take a leak?) is not tackled by the article, so it's probably a case of answers on a postcard, please. Baddies the world over are probably reaching for their dolabrae at this very moment...

Warning: the link is quite slow as it has been slashdotted.

Mike Bishop
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there
Bonkers.

Just run into heavy undergrowth, and you'd soon leave one of those crupellarii behind.
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
This guy's great- I've seen video of his various tests with the Ursa anti-bear suit and they're hysterical. This thing is a natural progression- loony, yes, but not surprising in the least. I'd be curious about its efficacy though- looks hot, ceramic protects from bullets by breaking, so the suit would have to have LOTS of replacable panels, and the idea that it could be mass-produced for $2000 each is pretty unlikely given the cost of military equipment these days- I think the SAPI plates in modern body armor are at least that much for just a pair. It would be pretty sweet to see this kind of thing work though- suddenly all those morons all over the world with more AK47s than brain cells rendered ineffective in an instant- although they'd just switch to RPGs, which are hardly in short supply...
See FABRICA ROMANORVM Recreations in the Marketplace for custom helmets, armour, swords and more!
Reminds me of the musical Starlight Express :lol:
Looks cool! 8)
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel