Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help with cyrillic fonts
I neeed assistance with cyrillic fonts.

Which font might best be used for html? I try to write Greek words into a html page, but when I upload it, the text has turned to dots and questionmarks agin. I have several Greek fonts on my pc, I can see them all just fine, just the uploading seems to fail every time.

Help is greatly appreciated.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
I tried some Greek with unicode, which worked fine (example).
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
Quote:Which font might best be used for html? I try to write Greek words into a html page, but when I upload it, the text has turned to dots and questionmarks agin. I have several Greek fonts on my pc, I can see them all just fine, just the uploading seems to fail every time.

Not quite yure I understand you 100% right here, but do you mean dots and questionmarks in the browser? Can you see Greek characters alright in your browser when you go to a Greek website? If not you might simply and only have to install/enable that encoding in your browser ...
Quote:I tried some Greek with unicode, which worked fine (example).
So where to find a listing of each character?

Quote:Not quite yure I understand you 100% right here, but do you mean dots and questionmarks in the browser? Can you see Greek characters alright in your browser when you go to a Greek website? If not you might simply and only have to install/enable that encoding in your browser ...

Yes, dots and questionmarks. Yes, I can see the words perfectly when on another webpage. I can also coy/past them into my html page. I have even downloaded several Greek fonts.

Nevertheless, the word won't 'stay' Greek! Cry
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Robert, up to know thee is little standarization at least the Russian internet.
The most widely used is Cyrillic (KOI8-R) but those working on old mainframes use Unicode (UTF 8) . Newer machines use Cyrillic windows.
If your pages come from Ukrane then Cyrillic (KOI8-U) might apply.
If your PC has s windows OS try to set the international support on the control panel and add at least one East European language in your keyboard options.
Hope it helps

Kind regards
Quote:
Jona Lendering:2y2gnwbc Wrote:I tried some Greek with unicode, which worked fine (example).
So where to find a listing of each character?
At the website of the Unicode Consortium you will find everything you need: charts, interfaces, keyboards.
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Roman Fonts in True Type Format (TTF)? Magnus 4 1,314 02-07-2007, 01:58 PM
Last Post: Titus Martius
  Cyrillic converter FAVENTIANVS 4 1,150 06-24-2006, 11:18 PM
Last Post: FAVENTIANVS