Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
System of grasp
These military Roman light-fittings to join straps to a hoop are similar in forms to the hinges of the lorica segmentata. Do they belong to straps for the cavalry or as system of grasp to the gladius?

[Image: ENGANCHESROMANOS.jpg]
Moncada Martín, Gabriel / MARCII ULPI MESSALA
I think there are terminals of leather horse harnesses. The cercle are the center, connecting and 3-4 of these terminals.

Normally leather straps of harnesses are not very wide, 2-3 cm.
Quote:These military Roman light-fittings to join straps to a hoop are similar in forms to the hinges of the lorica segmentata. Do they belong to straps for the cavalry or as system of grasp to the gladius?

These are not pieces of military equipment. In fact, I'm not even sure they're Roman.

Mike Bishop
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there
The same pieces aprecen in There "Castra Legionis III Macedonicae " in the population of Blacksmith of pisuerga (Palencia) Spain, Fernandez Ibáñez (1992-94-96-99). In the city of "Itálica" Santiponce (Seville) also they appear in purely Roman context. These pieces always there present the same size and boss, typical of the forms in series produced by the Roman army. They are besides a design very similar to the one that the hinges of the "Lorica Segmentata" present.
eeerm????????

[Image: Lorfitbm.jpg]

No resemblance whatsoever!!

if its military at all it would be for ALA, not legionaries...

and as long as i dont know the specific context in which they were found
(in situ)

i do not agree with you...

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
This sheet represents the objects of the military Roman equipment found in the excavation of the Roman castra[img] of " Herrera of Pisuerga " effected By the archeologist Fernandez Ibáñez between (1992-94-96-99).

[Image: herreradepisuerga2.jpg][/img]
Errrrr, has not it seemed?

[/img]

[Image: terminalybisagras2.jpg]
The measures of the width of the strap for cavalry reconstructed by Peter Conolly, also coincide (2cm). I want to know, because one assures that these pieces do not belong(concern) to the military Roman equipment, or to the Roman enclosed context. A cordial greeting.
It is an interesting supposition you make, however i do not think a comparison is correct in this case...

best wishes,

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.