Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who admits to this ...?
which is why i said "strange" because i of course know that the order wasnt to plunder...

Btw what i find also very "funny" in the entire siege of Jerusalem is that the Romans actually could lay back for a long time, knowing the rebel factions inside of Jerusalem were killing each other off in a quick tempo! and therefore were absolutely not cooperative with or even supporting their own goals......

also the Roman trick of painting the ballista stones black so the enemy didnt see them coming anymore is very interesting!!

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
Quote:Btw what i find also very "funny" in the entire siege of Jerusalem is that the Romans actually could lay back for a long time, knowing the rebel factions inside of Jerusalem were killing each other off in a quick tempo!

Could they? I thought I understood that Vespasian and later Titus were on a tight schedule, and that they could not afford a longer siege politically, even if the the rebels did a good piece of their dirty work for them..
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Well according to Josephus, they werent in such a hurry........

of course the political situation needed Flavivs Vespasianvs to return to Rome
and consolidate his faction........

from the start of the siege untill the pressing matters forced them to act it seems to have been a quite laid-back siege.......

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.