Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New book coming for us late romans!
Check this out!:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Last-Legionary- ... F8&s=books
Is the author the one we all know :wink: ? Can`t wait for the publication of this one!
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
[Image: fectio.png]
Yes he is. But the book is not published yet, though Tempus sets it at March 1st.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Yes Jyrki, it is my book. Smile

Its not my first by any means, its my fifth, but it is definately the book I have enjoyed writing the most. If any of that comes across then I will be happy!
~ Paul Elliott

The Last Legionary
This book details the lives of Late Roman legionaries garrisoned in Britain in 400AD. It covers everything from battle to rations, camp duties to clothing.
Hi Paul ,

Looking forward to it!!

Could you:
1) give us a list of your other books? :wink:
2) give us a link to your new book at Amazon that also supports RAT? Big Grin
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
I second Robert fully on this!
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
I'll happily provide URLs from Amazon here, though as you can see all are now OOP. Luckily there is a thriving second-hand trade on the internet. I see Atomic Horror is selling for £47, brand new it retailed for around £15!

Warrior Cults

Brotherhoods of Fear

Vietnam: Conflict & Controversy

Assassin!

Atomic Horror - Roleplaying Game for GURPS

If you discount Atomic Horror, you might see a trend, particularly toward one of my favourite subjects - that of mysterious cults, secret societies and sinister organisations. Although my interests are now centrered on the daily life of ancient soldiers in peace and war.

I blame HP Lovecraft. I read too much Lovercraftian horror when I was a teenager.

Robert, could you clarify (2), I don't quite understand you. :?:
~ Paul Elliott

The Last Legionary
This book details the lives of Late Roman legionaries garrisoned in Britain in 400AD. It covers everything from battle to rations, camp duties to clothing.
Quote:If you discount Atomic Horror, you might see a trend, particularly toward one of my favourite subjects - that of mysterious cults, secret societies and sinister organisations.

Thats not how you class COMITATUS is it Paul?

Graham.
"Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe.

"Every brush-stroke is torn from my body" The Rebel, Tony Hancock.

"..I sweated in that damn dirty armor....TWENTY YEARS!', Charlton Heston, The Warlord.
Big Grin

I wondered why, when I joined Comitatus, I had to roll up one trouser leg, recite the Bible backwards and wear a green hat!
~ Paul Elliott

The Last Legionary
Quote:Robert, could you clarify (2), I don't quite understand you. :?:

Sure, it's the Amazon Tag.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
I pre-ordered this book over a month ago from Amazon and now they have announced that the publishing has been postponed Cry ! Why, oh why we LATE romans suffer such a fate so often :evil: ...
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Romans book jbd_29349 4 1,472 08-23-2012, 04:21 PM
Last Post: John W Davison
  New Warrior of Rome book coming Caballo 17 4,521 09-14-2010, 01:27 PM
Last Post: Ron Andrea
  Belgian book on Romans. Can anyone help? Graham Sumner 9 1,925 11-22-2009, 12:38 AM
Last Post: Graham Sumner