Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reenacting 9AD
Albion Armorers was offloading their belt components for really cheap, they may still have some:

http://www.albion-swords.com/moat.htm

Belt plate 2, they still have some left...

Legion: TBD
I got mine from Armillum in Spain, Jorge is pretty good to deal with....
and he has a variety of plates to choose from. Also there are a few German sites who do them too! I think Replikat(or a similar spelling) someone on here will know for sure!

http://armillum.com/tienda/
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
I have a set of plates from Albion, and the one thing I really don't like is their great thickness front to back. I'd be aware of that before buying, in case you expect thin plates.
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Matt Lukes is making mine Big Grin
Sulla Felix

AKA Barry Coomber

COH I BATAVORVM MCRPF
I definately need another one to do the 2 belt look! not sure if it should have frogs for the gladius mount or not though. Some great plates on offer from various sources though!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Gaius,

Not sure there is too much evidence to support how the galdius hung from, or was attached to a belt. I asked the same question and came up with zero in terms of actual evidence. Frogs seem plausible given that the gladius could be considered to be a large pugio, but none of the sculptural evidence seems to show this AFAIK. Converesely they do seem to show pugio frogs.
Sulla Felix

AKA Barry Coomber

COH I BATAVORVM MCRPF
Yeah. I remember the conversation! Smile ? Just seems a nicer look, but like you say, at the moment, I have mine attached to the one belt by a cross-threaded leather tie!

I just canna mak ma mind up, min! :lol:
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Yep, I really liked the way Peronis had his set up with the frogs, but I think the leather cross strap is going to be the way I go.
Sulla Felix

AKA Barry Coomber

COH I BATAVORVM MCRPF
Yah, it looks pretty good doesn't it! Peronis that is.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Yep, with all the lovely tinned belt ornaments too 8)
Sulla Felix

AKA Barry Coomber

COH I BATAVORVM MCRPF
Quote:Yep, with all the lovely tinned belt ornaments too

Silvered! :wink:
OOOPPPS :oops:

My apologies Peronis.
Sulla Felix

AKA Barry Coomber

COH I BATAVORVM MCRPF
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
How much trouble is it to keep the silvered plates shiny? Tin doesn't take much maintenance, but how about silver? (Ooodles prettier, to be sure)
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Quote:How much trouble is it to keep the silvered plates shiny? Tin doesn't take much maintenance, but how about silver? (Ooodles prettier, to be sure)
If you've used one of the silver plating solutions/silver polishes, you only need to give it an occasional wipe with a silver cleaning cloth, or another simple application of the silver solution. Comes up bright and shiny in no time.

If you've used silver leaf, I'm finding it easy to degrade the surface with cleaning, so I think need to get thicker leaf or very thin sheet.
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!