Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
References
Anybody know of an site that tells you what the abbreviations for Classics and Ancient history journals are ie JRS = Journal of roman studies<br>
<br>
I have some obscure ones that I could do with deciphering without going to find a copy of OCD (ie to the otherside of town) <p></p><i></i>
In the name of heaven Catiline, how long do you propose to exploit our patience..
I suppose you want the list of abbreviations in the Année Philologique, but that doesn't seem to be online. <p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
have l'annee philogique up and running as we speak, and like you i can't see them there. Infact half the problem is due to some lazy cut and pasting from their search results... <p></p><i></i>
In the name of heaven Catiline, how long do you propose to exploit our patience..
The James G. Leyburn Library page on AnnPhil<br>
<br>
home.wlu.edu/~grefed/working/annee.html<br>
<br>
offers the following advice:<br>
<br>
<em>The online site contains no displayable list of the periodicals covered -- and their abbreviations used in the citations -- but you can find identify a journal by its abbreviated title by pointing the cursor at the "Other Criteria" search option, selecting "Periodical," and then entering the abbreviation.</em><br>
<br>
Mike Bishop<br>
(who used to work in a library ;-) <p></p><i></i>
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there
Hi Catiline,<br>
<br>
I am sure we could help with some of your obscure ones if you post them - I don't think there are many we would not have come across - and I can pop to uni or use my OCD if I can't think.<br>
<br>
Muzzaguchi <p>It is an unscrupulous intellect that does not pay Antiquity its due reverence - Erasmus of Rotterdam<br>
<br>
'Modern history, like a deaf man, answers questions no one asks' - Tolstoy War and Peace Ep. ii.1</p><i></i>
Murray K Dahm

\'\'\'\'No matter how many you kill, you cannot kill your successor\'\'\'\' - Seneca to Nero - Dio 62

\'\'\'\'There is no way of correcting wrongdoing in those who think that the height of virtue consists in the execution of their will\'\'\'\' - Ammianus Marcellinus 27.7.9
Thanks Muzzaguchi. i have my own OCD, just needed it yesterday when I was right on the otherside of town and didn't fancy walking in the snow. <p></p><i></i>