Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
\'Church of the Ark\' found on West Bank
Avete,

A fourth century church with amazingly well preserved mosaics has been discovered :

"Church of the Ark" found on West Bank

I hope they keep digging.

Theo
Jaime
Why don't journalists understand the difference between 'the earliest *extant*' and 'the earliest *documented*'?

Makes you think they'd found something completely surprising, doesn't it?
Der Kessel ist voll Bärks!

Volker Bach
Beautiful intact mosaics, seems a shame to have to move it to continue digging...although it will be a incredibly fascinating dig .... for Christians or non Christians alike...
I wonder if the Ark is a remnant of a civilisation that had technological knowledge and does hold some sort of energy force.
The 'presence of God' is held above the actual box - referred to as 'unapproachable light', between the two Cherubims on the cover and the High Priest had to cover his face when approaching the Ark as "no man shall see Me and live".....
Cherubim was a word orginally meaning guardians or bodyguards.....I am thinking of those two winged statues in The Never Ending Story whose eyes contained laser type beams...!
Interestingly enough, the Ark was covered in gold, this is generally used for electrical connectors as it stops corrosion for longer....so when the Priest sprinkled the goats blood on the top of the Ark below the Cherubims to pacify God....it could have had a deeper meaning... :roll:
I thought there were earlier churches built than the late 4th century....!
Regards
Arthes
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
[url:n2diviuq]http://www.hoplites.org[/url]
The enemy is less likely to get wind of an advance of cavalry, if the orders for march were passed from mouth to mouth rather than announced by voice of herald, or public notice. Xenophon
-

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Delphic Temple as a "bank"? Casmin 4 1,214 09-04-2009, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Sergey Lenkov