Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RAT v.3 Design
Friends, Romans, Countrymen,

To help Jasper Oorthuys design the new version of Roman Army Talk, what changes would you like to see between the current site and the new one? What would you like to see added? Deleted? Altered?

And, what topics should be added to the Frequently Asked Questions? Was there a topic or function that you blundered around learning which might be quickly explained by a short tutorial?

Keep in mind that Jasper will be using commercial off-the-shelf software, so may not be able to do just anything. But if we don't indicate our wishes, he'll never know.
"Fugit irreparabile tempus" (Irrecoverable time glides away) Virgil

Ron Andrea
I think the search function must be more clear.
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
What must be made clearer Jona? The instructions?
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
How about a more direct link to the Spam sub-topic from the front page? I'd also clear the topic on a weekly basis so there's less navigation. If possible.
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Ave omnes,

has phpBB V.3 a better visual identification system which will keep bots from logging in? The function included in later V.2 versions seems to be no barrier for them.
Greetings from germania incognita

Heiko (Cornelius Quintus)

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
I'm not certain we'll go with Phpbb again Heiko, but better anti spam control is definitely one of the criteria.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
I want a pamela anderson gladiatrix skin theme.

Legion: TBD
Quote:I'm not certain we'll go with Phpbb again

Ave jasper,

then it might be essential to convert the threads/topics/database into the new software, without losing posts.
Greetings from germania incognita

Heiko (Cornelius Quintus)

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Doh. That goes without saying. :wink:
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Throw it all out! Get rid! Let's start again.
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
I'd like a more calid and darker background color. Somethink brown , marron or Bordeaux...
[Image: 120px-Septimani_seniores_shield_pattern.svg.png] [Image: Estalada.gif]
Ivan Perelló
[size=150:iu1l6t4o]Credo in Spatham, Corvus sum bellorum[/size]
Hi Ivan,
You know Christy rules over the design of RAT. That's quite something different from functions. I have to say though that darker backgrounds usually are not stimulating to reading.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Greetings.

Perhaps I am mistaken about this, but if memory serves the current site does not support the posting of photos unless they are already on the net "hosted" by another site.

Would it be possible for the New Rome to allow for the easy uploading/posting of photos (HTML)? Or does that eat up too much space?

Otherwise the current site seems straightforward and easy to use.

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
Hi David,
I'm afraid you are mistaken. Any member can use the attachment utility to upload photos directly to Romanarmy.com.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Quote:Perhaps I am mistaken about this, but if memory serves the current site does not support the posting of photos unless they are already on the net "hosted" by another site.

Actually, with the ready availability of free online photo hosting services like flickr.com or photobucket.com etc. I'd say there's no need to weigh the RAT DB down with pics ....