Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tribune helmet
That there is in Fall of the Roman Empire. I'm sure Graham could tell you plenty about that one! Big Grin
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
well i just like his site! also the alexander helmet on it...

www.niximperial.com

I posted the fall of the Roman empire because of the front face piece which resembles somewhat the face plates on the consular statue which was posted...

Wink

M.VIB.M.

PS anyone has info on wether or not engravings like these can be used on breastplates?

[Image: 2151.jpg]
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
Quote:Hmmmm. I'm not sure Jef, as there's only the pic here, and the one in Imperium Legionis is from a low angle. The detail, no, to be honest, but I'm sure the general shape could be done. I have a really heavy work schedule right now, so I'd need to do it gradually.

That sounds great Jim! I'd be very happy with a general shape. The decoration probably differed from helmet to helmet as I think these pieces weren't mass produced. I'd be very grateful if you could one of the general shape. Take all the time you want, I'll wait patiently Big Grin

Quote:f you gilded it with silver and gold leaf then it would be a real corker that would probably attract the same reaction today as was likely 2000 years ago.

I was thinking the exact same thing 8)

Quote:It just depends if you were willing to go with cast?

No, I'd very much like to have one forged...

Quote:Why don't you talk to Terry Nix? He's a very communicative guy

I send him an email yesterday. From the emails I exchanged with him in the past I know he's very helpful and friendly. It sometimes takes a long time for him to respond though Sad

Vale,
Jef
Jef Pinceel
a.k.a.
Marcvs Mvmmivs Falco

LEG XI CPF vzw
>Q SER FEST
www.LEGIOXI.be
Avete,

here I have a reconstruction painting of Peter Connolly from his book 'Hannibal and the Enemies of Rome' that shows the statue of Rhodes from another angle. The helmet's crest holder seems to be a sphinx.

Greets - Uwe
Greets - Uwe
Avete,

the other picture is a reproduction of the whole panoply from Osprey's
'Armies of the Carthaginian Wars'. In both books the statue is said to be from 3rd Century BC. I can only highly recommend both books.

Greets - Uwe
Greets - Uwe
Check out the similarity between the parazonium's handguard on the Rhodes statue, and these:

[url:23c086o7]http://www.romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic.php?p=106751#106751[/url]

[url:23c086o7]http://www.romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic.php?p=104443#104443[/url]
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Legate/Tribune helmet hunt QVINTVS ARTORIVS CORVINVS 115 29,180 03-29-2013, 05:54 AM
Last Post: Vitruvius