Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hmmmm...I didn\'t like this
Then again, you can tell the Senate to go and get stuffed, and take over rome! The best bet is to ensure you get all the provinces with the gold mines before the Brutii! The Scipii are not as big a threat!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
I RTR, I cannot play historical battles or custom battles! Was that not part of the mod?
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:I RTR, I cannot play historical battles or custom battles! Was that not part of the mod?

I wasn't able to play historical battles/custom battles either when I still played RTR, so I suppose they just didn't include it.

Play the Europa Barbarorum mod, it's much better :wink:
It's the most historically accurate of all RTW mods, and in my opinion it also has the best gameplay.
[size=75:18gu2k6n]- Roy Aarts[/size]
Must be so! Ah well!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:
Gaius Marcus:2rbbivf1 Wrote:I RTR, I cannot play historical battles or custom battles! Was that not part of the mod?

I wasn't able to play historical battles/custom battles either when I still played RTR, so I suppose they just didn't include it.

Play the Europa Barbarorum mod, it's much better :wink:
It's the most historically accurate of all RTW mods, and in my opinion it also has the best gameplay.
You can make your own as well, it's all there in RTR.
http://www.romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic. ... 009#112009
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
hmmm, cant open your files on the link tarb, will have to try again when I have more time.....offshore tomorrow again!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Hey all,
Try Roma Surrectum. Numbered Legions in Area Specific recruiting (Legio III Gallica in Medolianum for example; no legions able to be recruited in Rome itself save the Praetorian and Roman [citizen] Auxiliaries) Also, if you're into late Roman Empire Invasio Barbarum is awesome. Also has numbered legions (although not as detailed, and the modders didn't include legion specific descriptions as the RS team did), and although I think they WAY overplay the barbarianization of the Roman army post-400 AD (the mod starts in 407 and if you play as the Western Roman Empire, the Goths sack Rome in about two turns) and it takes from 0 turns to recruit Germanic troops (Foederati, etc) to 1 turn for Limenatii (sp?) Milites and 3 turns for heavy infantry (Comitanses, Palaentie [again, sp?]) Cohorts (which due to unit size I call centuries).

I have a few awesome screenshots too big to post on the screenshot thread, of my late Roman Legions from IB fighting the Goths and Vandals in Gaul and Spain. Also, the good thing about IB is that is copies all your game files into a seperate folder so you can still play vanilla BI and RTW, something RS doesn't do (It uses RTW files essential for running BI, so with Roma Surrectum you'll have to copy the files over and re-run the new_UI.bat). Hence I have RS, IB, RTW vanilla, and BI vanilla playable on one computer.

just some of my personal notes, use em, abuse em, throw em away, but here they are.

Link to IB:
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=113

Link to RS:
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=251
"Marcus Hortensius Castus"
or, to those interested,
"Kyle Horton"

formerly Horton III