Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RAT - Slow / timing out
Hi Jasper,

I don’t know it it’s just me or not, but I’ve noticed that in a couple of threads, when someone is displaying a picture, I don’t see anything. Everyone else comments on it, so they must see it, but I don’t. I’ve tried logging in to see if that makes a difference, but it doesn’t.

The latest thread is under Civilian Talk – My Roman Oil Lamp.

Passing it on to you, because if it’s happening to me, I’m sure it’s happening to others.

And, just an after thought, I thought I let you know that the response time from RAT website is almost to the point of timing out. I’ve tried other sites and there all running normal, so I can rule out my network as the cause. Just thought I’d pass it along.

Thanks
Steve
Hi Steve,
RA.com should respond normal now, but the host has been attacked by a DDOS today. That might explain both timing out and non-appearance of pictures, if loading them times out.
Another reason for pics not showing is when they are hosted elsewhere and that site times out.

In a variation of what I told the mods today, repeat after me:
"Script kiddies should be taken out to the schoolyard and caned with a vitis until it breaks!" Cedo alteram! :twisted:
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Once again it amazes me, that with the new magazine and everything else you’re doing, that you still research and respond back to posts so quickly.

Thanks for getting back to me on this in such a timely manner.
Steve