Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELP!?!?! Before I snap and break something...
It seems to be, though I haven't done extensive research, that the former capital of a faction is the most "nationalized", such as Carthage, Athens, Corduba, etc., and the hardest to subjugate. They rebel more often, and much more attention has to be paid to them to keep them in line... But once all the buildings are replaced with Roman counterparts, they seem to stay happier and under control. Maybe they "remember their former greatness" when they see their old buildings, I dunno.

Sometimes, when seiged with a much larger force, when I know my troops are doomed, I'll wreck all the buildings I can (and retrieve some of the money), then attack the enemy force (there seems to be a slight advantage with the attacker) and aim for his best troops or the general, hoping to kill off some family member of the enemy. An army of 100 in a seiged city attacked by 600 under the AI will lose anyway, so why give the enemy anything you don't have to?

Other times, I'll pillage several cities in an enemy territory--conquer the city, retrain what troops I can, then wreck all the buildings and move on to the next town. Make the enemy rebuild, then come back later and do it again. It's like an attack on the economy--you don't get as much for a building through demolition as it cost, but you didn't pay anything for it, so it's just free money. Often, the Senate will reward you for retaking that town within 10 turns, so I let the enemy begin the rebuild, then retake it. Win/win.

One thing I DON'T like about this game is that you can't capture the people in a city, and recruit them like mercenaries. That was not unheard of. Oh, well. Good game, all around.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.

Messages In This Thread
Re: HELP!?!?! Before I snap and break something... - by M. Demetrius - 11-15-2006, 02:45 PM