Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELP!?!?! Before I snap and break something...
It's not a "Civilization" style game. Plunder, and then rebuild the city in your own design.

It can be frustrating at first, but use spies, find out where the enemy cities are weakly defended (try to post the end of your moving armies in "ambush" mode, like in the tree-covered areas you find. Then marauding enemy armies won't see you as often.

Pillaging is a good thing. The helper screens should help you find out all you want to know and more...ad nauseum, sometimes. Beware sending a large army out in only a few ships, too.

Build more slowly than you'd like...and if you decide you have too much money tied up in the building queue, just click on a building and it will return the invested funds. Also, when an enemy city is conquered, you can right click on a building, and it will show you how much you can earn by razing that building. Sometimes, I just go into a town, kill everyone, tear everything down, raise the taxes to max, and leave town. Some other civ will then move in, rebuild, and I come back later. Ghengis Khan had it right, you know?

I'm presupposing you're not trying to extend the Tutorial game. That's a losing proposition, since there's nowhere to expand. Try a short "Imperial Campaign" game instead, and turn all the helps on. There's information there that isn't in the manual, and pretty much everything in the manual is in there, too.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.

Messages In This Thread
Re: HELP!?!?! Before I snap and break something... - by M. Demetrius - 11-13-2006, 02:36 AM