Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Deepeeka Helms
How accurate are these two new Deepeeka helms:

AH6050 Republican Montefortino 'b'
AH6308B Coolus ''G'', 1st C.AD

On the Montefortino B is the bowl too deep? When I compare a picture from Deepeeka and image 10 on pg 18 of Robinson's book, thats the impression I get. I don't want my eyes covered if I get the helm.
GN.SCRIBONIVS.SCRIPTOR
LEGIO.XXIV.MA

(Ken Scriboni)
Ave, Scribonius!

Welcome! It's about time you wandered in here, eh?

You'll probably find a bunch of good details on both these pieces if you poke through the Deepeeka subsection of the Marketplace. There should be a whole thread on each one.

In short, though, 6050 was modified recently because it had been HUGE, so now it's much better in size. Haven't seen one up close myself, though, so can't swear if all the proportions are just right. Much will depend on the size of your head, really!

I've been recommending Deepeeka's Coolus G for a while, but even as we speak it is being improved along with many other Deepeeka helmets. So if you wait a few weeks for the new versions to reach these shores, you'll get a terrific piece. There will be a couple new Montefortinos as well.

That help? Good luck and Vale,

Matthew
Matthew Amt (Quintus)
Legio XX, USA
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.larp.com/legioxx/">http://www.larp.com/legioxx/
Ken, try this thread with photos of the latest version of the Coolus G:
link from old RAT
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Salve Matt and Tarbicus,

Yea, I figured I may as well get on here being that I've been MIA for some time now...don't wanna get rusty! Hopefully I'll be falling in with everyone come this Spring.

Thanks for the tips and thread. I'll wait a bit then for those new helms to get out. I have time...there isn't anything I know of coming up until March.

Thanks again.

Vale,
GN.SCRIBONIVS.SCRIPTOR
LEGIO.XXIV.MA

(Ken Scriboni)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Deepeeka\'s new Gallic and Itallic helms...Issues? Magnus 24 5,226 07-13-2007, 03:42 PM
Last Post: Gaivs Antonivs Satvrninvs
  2nd Century helms cross bracing for brass legionary helms Anonymous 3 1,589 04-14-2004, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Anonymous