Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Latin language forums
I have for some time now been looking round the www for a good Latin language forum - one the welcomes beginners like myself. There are some out there, but they don't seem to be very active. Does anybody know of a good one? <p></p><i></i>
While I know many Latin teachers, most of them are computer illiterate. I'll ask them and see if they can recommend anything. In the meantime, try these links:<br>
<br>
www.ravendays.org/latin/aspergonem.html<br>
www.latinteach.com/<br>
www.textkit.com/ <p>Richard Campbell, Legio XX<br>
<br>
</p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub45.ezboard.com/bromanarmytalk.showUserPublicProfile?gid=richsc@romanarmytalk>RichSC</A> at: 11/14/02 4:28:46 am<br></i>
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
Have you tried the about.com ancient history forum? They have a latin study thread and are very friendly to beginners. You have to post something yourself though - its frustrating when forums get loads of visits but no posts!<br>
ancienthistory.about.com/mpboards.htm<br>
best wishes<br>
Pictoria <p></p><i></i>
Thanks Pictoria, and welcome to RAT. I've seen NS Gill's name often. Are you a Latin teacher? <p>Richard Campbell, Legio XX<br>
<br>
</p><i></i>
Richard Campbell
RAT member #6?
Thanks Rich,<br>
and no, I've just completed first year university latin. I have a degree in Fine Art and am currently doing a postgrad in classics. My interests are broad at the moment, I'm keen on military history and especially the Romans in Britain, as well as poetry. I'm interested in the life of the soldier and the psychology of hand-to-hand combat. I rather wish I was a bloke at times, so I could participate in reenactment without being an anachronism!<br>
You are quite right about latin teachers being computer illiterate. Most of them are luddites!<br>
<br>
cheers<br>
P. S. <p></p><i></i>
Well! depending upon groups you just might get to try on armor and bash away. We did have a thread long ago on women as Roman soldier reenactors, to which I will refer interested parties, and we have had much about whether reenactors should actually bash each other. But let those byde (if you get that reference you win a beer from me). Needless to say if you happen by a Legio XX event and we have spare armor (and what reenacting group does not for the wavering initiate?) feel free to try it on.<br>
At the school demo's I"ve given, especially 7th & 8th grades, the girls are just as interested in the armor as the boys. <p>Richard Campbell, Legio XX<br>
<br>
</p><i></i>
Richard Campbell
RAT member #6?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Forums similar to RAT Jona Lendering 4 1,469 05-20-2007, 06:48 AM
Last Post: Narukami
  Samurai Forums Aedon 2 1,374 04-25-2005, 03:19 PM
Last Post: Magnus
  Non-Roman Forums? Marcus Artorius Silvanus 2 1,226 04-14-2005, 01:54 PM