Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Carthaginian Army
There are always the relevant sections of Connolly's Greece and Rome At War, of course! (As a side note, does anyone know of a good book on the first two Punic Wars)?
Nullis in verba

I have not checked this forum frequently since 2013, but I hope that these old posts have some value. I now have a blog on books, swords, and the curious things humans do with them.
As far as I know, Lazenby wrote the only history specifically about the First Punic War (in English, at any rate). He goes out of his way to explain his conclusions, as the source material is not very good. An important book on a very important subject, but not the most rivetting of military history narratives. There are tons of books on the Second Punic War, of course.
Felix Wang
Roman Military Equipment from the Punic Wars to the Fall of Rome
M.C. Bishop, J.C. Coulston
ISBN: 1842171593

Maybe that this book can give some more info?
Tot ziens.
Geert S. (Sol Invicto Comiti)
Imperator Caesar divi Marci Antonini Pii Germanici Sarmatici ½filius divi Commodi frater divi Antonini Pii nepos divi Hadriani pronepos divi Traiani Parthici abnepos divi Nervae adnepos Lucius Septimius Severus Pius Pertinax Augustus Arabicus ½Adiabenicus Parthicus maximus pontifex maximus