Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COH V GALLO
I was wondering If anyone here on RAT is in the COH V GALLO reenactment group (thanks to Mithras for the tip off Big Grin ) as I would be interested in finding out more about them if not does anyone know of any other reenactment groups in the North-East of England.
Thanks alot
Dave Bell/Secvndvs

Comitatus
[Image: comitatus.jpg]

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.comitatus.net">www.comitatus.net
Quote:I was wondering If anyone here on RAT is in the COH V GALLO reenactment group (thanks to Mithras for the tip off Big Grin) as I would be interested in finding out more about them if not does anyone know of any other reenactment groups in the North-East of England.

Well, I'll tell you something in confidence. When the Gateshead Garden Festival was on they were showing a video collage that included Quinta in action and that included both me and Jon Coulston (we were advisors when the group was set up) dressed up (I know some re-enactors are sensitive about the use of the term; tough, that's what it was!) amongst other 'volunteers' defending the gateway at South Shields (the enemy hadn't twigged you can walk around the end of them, but that's Takems for you ;-) and Coulston was nearly beaten to death by a malignant pixie in a hoodie. One day this footage wil resurface and doubtless end up on Youtube but, until then, you'll just have to use your imagination.

Mike Bishop
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there
:lol: :lol: :lol: That sounds hilarious :!: Especially the malignant pixie!!! Well i'm going to e-mail Paul Carrick (it said to mail him for further info on the website so i'm guessing he's the founder or something like that) and ask about joining the reenactment group and hopefully i'll be allowed, well it'll be amazing if I am Big Grin
Dave Bell/Secvndvs

Comitatus

I was a member for a couple of years, and I was at their fort this summer. Contact Paul Carrick, I will give you his current email address if I can find it at home tonight. Otherwise send a letter to the fort and you will doubtless get a nice reply!

All their events are at the fort, it is a small group that concentrates on the date 230 AD (3rd Century) and on experimental archaeology, rather than combat fights and that kind of thing. Members have appeared in a number of books - I keep stumbling over Jamie Maclean and Paul Carrick when I crack open a new book on Roman legionaries!!!!
~ Paul Elliott

The Last Legionary
This book details the lives of Late Roman legionaries garrisoned in Britain in 400AD. It covers everything from battle to rations, camp duties to clothing.
Thanks Paul Smile You can PM me with the e-mail address if you don't want to put it in the thread.
Dave Bell/Secvndvs

Comitatus