Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boiler Room
As Vin Diesel is up for making a film about Hannibal, and has taken a certain amount of flack here, tonight on BBC1 at midnight he's in a film well worth watching and amply demonstrates he can actually act:

Boiler Room
12:00am - 2:00am
BBC1

Quote: A young chancer (Giovanni Ribisi) joins an "off-Broadway" brokerage firm that offers sky-high pay cheques to successful agents in this amorality tale of financial swizz-kids. Fuelled by equal measures of drink, drugs, adrenalin and Boys' Own testosterone, the young fiends of the firm's high-pressure "boiler room" are an obnoxious bunch. But their scenes rival anything in Wall Street or Glengarry Glen Ross, two films to which this movie pays open homage. Writer/director Ben Younger worked in a real-life "boiler room" to research the film, and the result is a dynamite debut. There's great acting, too, from Ribisi, Vin Diesel and Ben Affleck, who plays the firm's Mr Motivator.

Well worth a watch, and certainly one of the better films I've seen in the past few years, so I recommend you set your recorders.
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Quote:As Vin Diesel is up for making a film about Hannibal, and has taken a certain amount of flack here, tonight on BBC1 at midnight he's in a film well worth watching and amply demonstrates he can actually act:

Boiler Room
12:00am - 2:00am
BBC1

Always preferred Pitch Black myself. There's something about those clouds... ;-)

Mike Bishop
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there
Confusedhock: Reaches for the vodka...
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Hey- Pitch Black was a great movie... now 'Chronicals of Riddick' was a different story altogether...
See FABRICA ROMANORVM Recreations in the Marketplace for custom helmets, armour, swords and more!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Everyone\'s Armoury/Armour room... Magnus 10 2,517 02-27-2012, 12:07 PM
Last Post: Gaius Colletti