Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tetrarchs pics
Hey guys...having trouble tracking down pics of the St Mark's Basilica tetrarchs statuary. Anybody help me out?
Franklin Slaton
Semper Ubi Sub Ubi
Your mother wears caligae!
Hi Franklin,

Will these ones give you what you want or do you need something more specific? :wink:
[Image: Tetrarcas-1.jpg]
[Image: TetrB.jpg]
[Image: TetrA.jpg]

Read also these posts:
link from old RAT

Aitor
It\'s all an accident, an accident of hands. Mine, others, all without mind, from one extreme to another, but neither works nor will ever.

Rolf Steiner
Aitor, I noticed you sport an eagle pommel spatha (presumably based on this sculpture). Isn't that a bit early for us? What's the date most commonly ascribed to this piece?
Franklin Slaton
Semper Ubi Sub Ubi
These statues were sacked from Constantinople by the Venetians in the Fourth Crusade (Beginning of XIIth century AD) and its exact date is open to discussion but the most likely one is beginning of IVth century AD.
Too early for us? :?
[Image: honorius.jpg]
(Image borrowed from Fectio site)
If I analyze my reconstructed gear, I'm sporting a mixture of items coming from the 320's, 370's and even later... :oops:

Aitor
It\'s all an accident, an accident of hands. Mine, others, all without mind, from one extreme to another, but neither works nor will ever.

Rolf Steiner
Oh, nevermind then! I thought you dated yourself more late 4/early 5 like myself.
Franklin Slaton
Semper Ubi Sub Ubi
O well, my group does so but, as I play the Tribunus, the 'Old Man', I indulge myself into looking 'old-fashioned'! Tongue

Aitor

Rolf Steiner