Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Medieval II: Total War
they should bring out a new Shogun total War!

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
The AI isn't that bad, it just isn't that fast on the uptake. It takes time to respond to sudden changes, such as a massive Knights Templar charge on the flank. It's also a bit cowardly at times, like having a massive army outnumbering the player, but not even closing the range(even when they are the attackers...). In the campaign, the AI can at times be irrational, like agreeing to preposterous alliances and declining benefitial ones.
"There are some who call me... Tim..."

Sic vis pacem, para bellum

Exitus acta probat

Nemo saltat sobrius

Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori

Fortes Fortuna Aduvat

"The enemy outnumber us a paltry three to one! Good odds for any Greek!"
The passivness Is a bug the patch which should be out in a couple of weeks will fix It.
Dave Bell/Secvndvs

Comitatus
[Image: comitatus.jpg]

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.comitatus.net">www.comitatus.net
A couple of things worry me. Watching knights slowly tap into infantry is a bit tragic and the accents on the Muslim characters would make Borat proud.
Adam Carr
The charge does work, It's just hard to get It right. And yeah, some of the accents are hilarious.
Dave Bell/Secvndvs

Comitatus
[Image: comitatus.jpg]

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.comitatus.net">www.comitatus.net
Hopefully they fix the AI passiveness. I gunned (archered?) down an entire army of french knights that could have easily overran my positions but they just sat there and died.

RTW was great for its time but getting a bit long in the tooth. I bought a gaming PC for games like Medieval II.
==============
Vitapondera

J. Park
Truth be told, the best way, IMO, to goad the enemy is to assault him. Throw an expendable unit at the enemy, and he'll butcher them. Then he'll head for your position. And yes, I've seen cases like the one above... A shame really... In one scenario, the (attacking) French army sat on it's side of the bridge and waited me out... I threw my army at them, and won. On the "very hard" difficulty... Then again, I had Knights Templar, he didn't...

Exitus acta probat

Nemo saltat sobrius

Fortes Fortuna Aduvat

Quote:Comerus, I would assume it is limited in that they will only produce the set with the CD soundtrack for a short time.

Thanks that is what i discovered yesterday at the gameshop :oops: Smile

Remarks by Philip on the Athenian Leaders:
Philip said that the Athenians were like the bust of Hermes: all mouth and dick. 
hardest difficulty

never lost a battle, My Byzantine armies too over the known world very quickly just with missle calvary. game is flawed... now I guess I could just not use missle calvary for a more realistic experience
but the idea is to win right?

I hope they fix that, perhaps making missle calvary cost alot more would be one solution.
AKA: Sam Johnson
I've "discovered" a little flaw that was present in R:TW, and now also in M:TW. Sometimes your unit don't follow orders. Like cavalry just sitting there when ordered to charge, or some units standing still whilst the rest of the line move. Very annoying... I've actually lost the odd battle due to that...

Exitus acta probat

Nemo saltat sobrius

Fortes Fortuna Aduvat

Quote:I've "discovered" a little flaw that was present in R:TW, and now also in M:TW. Sometimes your unit don't follow orders. Like cavalry just sitting there when ordered to charge, or some units standing still whilst the rest of the line move. Very annoying... I've actually lost the odd battle due to that...

Sounds very realistic!
Dan Diffendale
Ph.D. candidate, University of Michigan
But still highly annoying. Especially when your fallback plan involves a concerted charge and only 2 out of 5 unit actually charge...

Exitus acta probat

Nemo saltat sobrius

Fortes Fortuna Aduvat

I've found that flaw to be annoying as well. There is a way around it (ordering the charge I mean), but doing it is even more annoying.

When grouping cavalry together, I've found that ordering them to rush a ground position alligned straight with the spot on the enemies line I want to charge works well to get them all to attack at once. When they are rushing to the position on the ground alligned with the spot I want to hit, before they stop...I then order them to keep rushing straight (into the spot of course) and not having them stop. Also, sometimes you might have to keep clicking (even more annoyance!) on the spot on the enemies line because sometimes you still may have a cavalry unit that is not rushing for various reasons (it reached the alligned spot first and is now waiting for orders, slow reaction to orders, slowly moving towards the second ordered spot, not charging etc etc etc.) Basically lots of clicking seems to work.

Kind of like this

XXXXXXX(2)XXXXXXX Enemy line
...............|
...............|
..............(1)
...............|
...............|
...........©© Your cavalry
...........©©
Hmm... I think I'll try that...

Exitus acta probat

Nemo saltat sobrius

Fortes Fortuna Aduvat

Well, just got it, installing it as we speak, will let you know what I think after a marathon gaming session. Time to conquer Europe from England once again!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rome..Total Realism Question and one for Total War version arklore70 1 1,778 02-15-2006, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Optio equitum