Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Medieval II: Total War
Well, the release is only weeks away (Nov. 14, 2006). Who else is really excited about this game? The graphics, gameplay, factions, and features all look amazing.

I like how they used the RTW graphics engine and the map-style instead of the old "chessboard" style. Also, it looks like the soldiers can perform "finishing moves" on enemies, for example, stabbing them while they are on the ground, slicing through them, etc. This will greatly add to the realism of the game.

We will also have cannons and firearms (later in the game, right? Like 1300-1400's?).

And lastly, we will be able to sail over to Central/South America to fight the Aztecs!

This game looks simply amazing. Who else will definitely be buying it?

Andrew
Andrew James Beaton
Looking for ancient coins of Gallienus, Postumus, Victorinus, Tetricus I and II, and the Severan Era!
I am definately buying It I had It pre-ordered but then found out I could get It cheaper from a small games shop only a few hundered yards from my house :lol: I must agree the game looks amazing, do you have RTW aswell?
Oh and also here Is a link to a medieval 2 total war forum If you want to have a look (you may already be a member for all I know :lol: )
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=121
(If this isn't allowed ^ please remove it and I appoligise)
Dave Bell/Secvndvs

Comitatus
[Image: comitatus.jpg]

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.comitatus.net">www.comitatus.net
Saw this game at last year's E3 and it does look impressive with even deeper game play and graphics that are quite stunning.

At the time the developers there at the booth were "mum" about their next project, and they would not confirm a similar update for Rome, though they did not rule it out either.

Of course, E3 was more than 5 months ago and now with Medieval II about to hit the street the development team can move on to "new" projects.

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
Quote:Well, the release is only weeks away (Nov. 14, 2006). Who else is really excited about this game? The graphics, gameplay, factions, and features all look amazing.

I'm so exited for the fact that Byzantium is included!!!!...

Also the Russian troops look awesome with their facemask helmets!

BTW: I cant wait for Byzantium Total War, if ever really will come out.

there is already a game with komnenids included, but its not what I did expect it, i would like it as RTW graphics or better.

===============================================

Watch Russia, Sicily, Byzantium here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFAz7Wtivyg

Remarks by Philip on the Athenian Leaders:
Philip said that the Athenians were like the bust of Hermes: all mouth and dick. 
Looks niiiice. But this makes me worried, MINIMUM specs:
Minimum System Requirements: English version of Microsoft® Windows® 2000/XP.
Celeron 1.8GHz Pentium 4® (1500MHz) or equivalent AMD® processor.
512MB RAM.
8x Speed DVD-ROM drive (1200KB/sec sustained transfer rate) and latest drivers.
11.0 Gigs of uncompressed free hard disk space.
100% DirectX® 9.0c compatible 16-bit sound card and latest drivers.
100% Windows® 2000/XP compatible mouse, keyboard and latest drivers.
DirectX® 9.0c.
128MB Hardware Accelerated video card with Shader 1 support and the latest drivers.
Must be 100% DirectX® 9.0c compatible.
Monitor must be able to display 1024x768 resolution or above.

The optimal specs seem to be kept secret. That is worrying..
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
hmm don't know. the demo worked fine on my pc although it's rather old. i set grass and building details to medium and unit details to maximum and I didn't have any probs.
RESTITVTOR LIBERTATIS ET ROMANAE RELIGIONIS

DEDITICIVS MINERVAE ET MVSARVM

[Micha F.]
Thank for for reminding me about the demo Cinna Downloading it now
Pre-ordered mine and despite having a good machine, it couldn't cope. I think the minimum specs are a little ambitious - you need a very up to date graphics card, lots of RAM and good 3D, shaders etc. Oh well, I am upgrading next year so it will have to wait- for now all I can do is watch the DVD that came with it (nice boxed set, though!).
Paul, military historian, wargamer and battlefield explorer.
Yep...found that out with the demo...sigh...time to upgrade again...
I alredy have it and as RTW it come with an extra cd soundtrack... it say limited edition!....Why? :?

Remarks by Philip on the Athenian Leaders:
Philip said that the Athenians were like the bust of Hermes: all mouth and dick. 
Comerus, I would assume it is limited in that they will only produce the set with the CD soundtrack for a short time.
I tried it at a friend's father's place. Amazing... I am so in love with that game... My little English campaign saw me make peace with Scotland and France, and then betray Scotland. They have but Edinburgh left... Nyahahahahahaha!! *ahem*

No, seriously, the game is just sweet... My friend had full details on, all on high resolution. The shading, the colors, it was just heavenly...
"There are some who call me... Tim..."

Sic vis pacem, para bellum

Exitus acta probat

Nemo saltat sobrius

Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori

Fortes Fortuna Aduvat

"The enemy outnumber us a paltry three to one! Good odds for any Greek!"
Yep I really Is an incredible game 8)
Dave Bell/Secvndvs

Comitatus

I've read that the AI for this game is not so good, I mean is really bad. So what's the use of good graphics if the AI is'nt up the challenge.
Tot ziens.
Geert S. (Sol Invicto Comiti)
Imperator Caesar divi Marci Antonini Pii Germanici Sarmatici ½filius divi Commodi frater divi Antonini Pii nepos divi Hadriani pronepos divi Traiani Parthici abnepos divi Nervae adnepos Lucius Septimius Severus Pius Pertinax Augustus Arabicus ½Adiabenicus Parthicus maximus pontifex maximus
It's not that bad, atleast It's one helluva alot better than RTW :lol:
Dave Bell/Secvndvs

Comitatus

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rome..Total Realism Question and one for Total War version arklore70 1 1,777 02-15-2006, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Optio equitum