Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guys, want to really laugh...
Guys,
if you fell depressed, me the doctor prescribes looking at this... Vito [Cor]Leone.... :lol: :lol:

link edited for violation of RAT Rules.

go to ebay and look for :ROMAN MILITARY BRONZE ARMORED APRON ATTACHMEMT
Very funny. Never saw such a plump and bad forgery since you posted the troopers helmet. Big Grin D
[Image: 5a_12.JPG]
[Image: 6a_12.JPG]
[Image: b4_12.JPG]
Christian K.

No reconstruendum => No reconstruction.

Ut desint vires, tamen est laudanda voluntas.
Dear moderator,

I assume you removed the direct link because of the rule:

5. No advertising of unprovenanced archaeological/cultural goods for sale. Members may post links to specific images (.jpg/.gif) on sale sites, but not the listing or home site itself. If you can show that the item is provenanced or held by a museum/established collector, you may discuss the items for sale. When in doubt, ask a moderator! This policy exists to discourage the trade in illegal antiquities, which destroys countless archaeological sites in the hunt for artifacts.

:lol: do you really see this as an "archaeological/cultural good" ? Gulp
:lol:

And I love the story written around it about the protective function of the (male) legionaries vital parts. You really need to read the story around this "cultural" artefact to fully appreciate it....
Quote: do you really see this as an "archaeological/cultural good" ?

You do so, elsewhere you had posted pictures of this item in the off-topic section, and not in Roman Military History and ARCHAEOLOGY section...
LOL

Otherwise, very funny object, but nothing to spend my money on.
ALA I BATAVORUM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Guys want to really laugh Vers. II markusaurelius 8 2,239 10-23-2006, 07:00 PM
Last Post: Arahne